+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate for applying PR

sumitthegreat

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am a indian citizen and would be completing my 1 year in Canada on 15th Dec 2014. I have been applying for PR soon under CEC program but while checking the PR application checklist - there has been a requirement for Police Clearance certificate.

Then I google for it and got to know that I can apply for PCC from Canada itself which will be issued by High Commission of India / Consulate General(s) of India, certifying that the applicant has never partaken in any criminal activity that led to the involvement of the Indian police, and is also required when a person applies for an emigration status to other countries.Foreign nationals applying for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) are required to state the period of stay in India. Documentary proof of stay is to be provided.

But while verifying the checklist for applying PCC , it says that for Toronto Jurisdiction, Indian passport holders: Original + Copy of passport to be send with PCC application form and it may take approx. 45 days to get your PCC.

My question is -

- will they keep my original passport for 45 days till the time they wont issue me PCC ?
- Is there any way to get rid of this situation and have my passport back at same time after verifying the photocopies?
- Does my dependent (Spouse) will also be required to obtain PCC ?

Thanks

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

You do not need to submit the PCC with the CEC PR application, it can be sent after.

Yes they could keep your passport for up to 45 days, note this is the approximate time to process. It could take longer or it could take less.

You have to follow the process outlined; I doubt very much there is any way to change it.

If you are applying for PR for your spouse then she will also have to submit a PCC. This applies to all applicants and it is required for any country where you have resided for 6 months or more.

Check the CIC website for details on applying for a PCC from India.

Thx

A

MJ009

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicaation
Med's Request
12- Nov- 2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014, Also paid upfront RPRF on 14-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
22-Dec-2014
Dr_Midnite said:
Hi

You do not need to submit the PCC with the CEC PR application, it can be sent after.

Yes they could keep your passport for up to 45 days, note this is the approximate time to process. It could take longer or it could take less.

You have to follow the process outlined; I doubt very much there is any way to change it.

If you are applying for PR for your spouse then she will also have to submit a PCC. This applies to all applicants and it is required for any country where you have resided for 6 months or more.

Check the CIC website for details on applying for a PCC from India.

Thx

A
Hi Sumeeth,

Last year we were in the same situation. You can submit your application without PCC India. Well we sent our PCC along with application.
For PCC India it only took one week to obtain our PCC. I know on website it says processing time 45 days. But, we got it in a week.

Below is the link for more information:
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/pol_clr_cert.php

My Answer to your question is as below:

- will they keep my original passport for 45 days till the time they wont issue me PCC ?
Yes, They will keep your passport when you apply for PCC India

- Is there any way to get rid of this situation and have my passport back at same time after verifying the photocopies?
No, You have to provide them passport in order to process your PCC. It is a mandatory.

- Does my dependent (Spouse) will also be required to obtain PCC ?
Yes, You and your wife both required to submit PCC.

Best of luck for your application. :) :)

sumitthegreat

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guys.

My whole target is to apply for PR by 17th Dec 2014 before the "Express Entry" so If I apply for PCC now then hopefully I will get it by 10th Dec 2014.

Though its not mandatory to send PCC with PR application and can be send later, but I would like to keep things ready ahead of time.

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Ya...you can do it via Indian consulate/BLS or if anyone back home can help u, then u can get it from the SP office and get it couriered here.....Thats also one of the ways....

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
sumitthegreat said:
Thank you guys.

My whole target is to apply for PR by 17th Dec 2014 before the "Express Entry" so If I apply for PCC now then hopefully I will get it by 10th Dec 2014.

Though its not mandatory to send PCC with PR application and can be send later, but I would like to keep things ready ahead of time.
Hi SumitTheGreat

I am sure you should be fine with your PCC. My PCC took exactly a week to get from Consulate general of India, Toronto. However the delay of PCC cases I have seen here are for the people from a rural location in India where the village doesn't have a police station (or) sometimes the passports with Tatkal scheme as they need a pre / post verification of the applicants.

Cheers,
Kunishsa

sumitthegreat

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ABS_1382 said:
Ya...you can do it via Indian consulate/BLS or if anyone back home can help u, then u can get it from the SP office and get it couriered here.....Thats also one of the ways....
Thank you , yes I can get it from back home and I have taken it 2-3 times in the past from SP office but that time i was in my city and I was under impression that person who is applying for PCC should be physically present to get PCC . Isn't that the case ?

Now I have little confidence when experts mentioned that we may receive it with in one week so I would rather apply in BLS Canada.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
sumitthegreat said:
Thank you , yes I can get it from back home and I have taken it 2-3 times in the past from SP office but that time i was in my city and I was under impression that person who is applying for PCC should be physically present to get PCC . Isn't that the case ?

Now I have little confidence when experts mentioned that we may receive it with in one week so I would rather apply in BLS Canada.

Thanks for your suggestion.
You no need to be physically appeared because it is not passport verification.

You just peacefully submit your application with cover letter stating that you will be submitting the PCC once you received it. Meanwhile walk into BLS office in Brampton/Toronto to apply for PCC. The General Consulate of India will process your application and will be issued PCC after 4-6 weeks. Good luck

sumitthegreat

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally I have received my PCC while applying from Canada. It took only two weeks.

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now a days BLS turnaround time is really quick. I got my PCC in two weeks.

r_alapadan

Oct 31, 2013
in the application form for pcc how should i fill question number 19. and 20. are they related.

Question 19: Have you visited/stayed in india after acquisition of landed status/foreign

i hope the answer would be yes if i have gone for any vacation back home.

Question 20: Is a box asking for address where stayed, from and to.

Is this question asking for the details of q.19 or is it the whole history of our entire stay in india from childhood.

Please help.. Thank you

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
HARSH131010190 said:
can some one get pcc from india if i am in canada>?
Yes. I applied at the Indian consulate in downtown Toronto and submit an application for the same. The last time I did it, it took them 15 days to process and they kept my passport. This was three years ago. When you go there, on the ground floor, get a prepaid Canada post package that you can track and submit that with you application. This is one of the requirements. This way when they send the PCC and your passport back to you, you can track.

Having said that, you might also we able to apply at the nearest BLS centre. I have never applied with them but I am guessing the process should be the same. Check this link: http://www.blsindia-canada.com/pol_clr_cert.php

Hope that helps!

P.

sumitthegreat

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkssandhu said:
Yes. I applied at the Indian consulate in downtown Toronto and submit an application for the same. The last time I did it, it took them 15 days to process and they kept my passport. This was three years ago. When you go there, on the ground floor, get a prepaid Canada post package that you can track and submit that with you application. This is one of the requirements. This way when they send the PCC and your passport back to you, you can track.

Having said that, you might also we able to apply at the nearest BLS centre. I have never applied with them but I am guessing the process should be the same. Check this link: http://www.blsindia-canada.com/pol_clr_cert.php

Hope that helps!

P.
pkssandhu said:

Hope that helps!

P.
Yes , I have done it two times with BLS and got PCC in 15 days.