+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Do we need a PCC for non accompanying family members also . My spouse is non accompanying family member in my application .

please advice

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
willitwork said:
Hi,
Good day to all.
I received my nomination on October 29th and awaiting ITA.
Rang up my consultant and asked her what docs need to kept ready before hand.
She said if we have stayed in US, we need pcc from US too and that report shouldn't be older than a year.
We got our fingerprint reports in mid October 2015
.Is she right in saying so and do we need to get one done again?
We stayed in US for few months in 2006 and 2008.

Wouldn't the mid October 2015 report from US suffice?

Thanks in advance
No need to get the new one done. Oct 2015 will suffice. Unless you went to USA again after you got your fingerprint report. In that case you will need to get a new one. The one year old criteria she told you is for the country of residence.

DESAIronak

Oct 8, 2012
Question Experts,

My police clearance was on 23rd August, after PCC I went to USA stayed there for 10 days, do I need to redo it if I get ITA before 23rd November?

Regards
Ronak

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DESAIronak said:
Question Experts,

My police clearance was on 23rd August, after PCC I went to USA stayed there for 10 days, do I need to redo it if I get ITA before 23rd November?

Regards
Ronak
No matter when you get an ITA, you'll need the PCC to be issued after the last time you visited that country.

Halima_9ja

Apr 15, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
No matter when you get an ITA, you'll need the PCC to be issued after the last time you visited that country.
Hi Asivad, Raj, Stanlee and other esteemed Seniors,

I'd be very glad if you could kindly give me your expert opinion on my case. I think my case is pretty straightforward and I'm just paranoid, but it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion.

I've recently relocated from Country X to Country Y. In fact, I've only spent 30 days in Country Y. Do I need a PCC for country Y, given that I'd be submitting my application from Country Y? I know the PCC requirement is for countries wherein one has lived for 6 months. Nonetheless, I'm still worried about submitting an application from a country I'm resident in without including a PCC for that country.

I've already contacted Country X's embassy to issue me their PCC.

Thank you and hope to get your usual assistance.

gaiou37

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mazamilam said:
Yes, you have to apply for a Police certificate if you were in any country for more than 6 months after your 18th Birthday. This does not include Canada. You do not require a Canadian police certificate no matter how long you have lived here. CIC will conduct it's own background check.

I advice you apply for the Police certificate now without wasting any time. If you can't get your certificate in time [within 60 days for applying for PR], you can upload your request document stating that you have requested for the police certificate and then upload it when you have received it.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Where does it say you do not need a Police Certificate for Canada? What if Canada is the country you currently live in?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
gaiou37 said:
Where does it say you do not need a Police Certificate for Canada? What if Canada is the country you currently live in?
Here -

Police certificates
Purpose

To determine if the applicant or their family members have a criminal record or poses a security risk to Canada
Document requirements

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.
Some countries require that the applicant complete a consent form to initiate a police certificate. For example, an applicant seeking a police certificate from New Zealand must download and complete the Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form available on the IRCC website. The form is then uploaded (with any other police certificates the applicant may provide) as part of the e-APR. If the application is not rejected as incomplete, the processing office will assess the consent form and electronic file and initiate the police certificate.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
gaiou37 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

check the link for the first few lines like below:

How to get a police certificate - Canada
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

DESAIronak

Oct 8, 2012
Asivad Anac said:
Thank you for reply, I was talking about INDIAN Police Clearance not Canadian, sorry I forget to mention, is the answer still same?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
DESAIronak said:
Thank you for reply, I was talking about INDIAN Police Clearance not Canadian, sorry I forget to mention, is the answer still same?
You definitely need to obtain Indian PCC (either from PSK in India OR from Indian Embassy if you stay abroad) and submit it for e-APR.

Ajku

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-11-2016
Med's Done....
25-11-2016
I have stayed at two addresses in India for period of 6+ months. Is pcc required for both the addresses? Or one pcc is enough?
I am having a really tough time getting pcc! I have read people running from pillar to post for reference letter! Since I am in govt job, the policeman who cam efor verification, asked for noc from employer! Which is much hard to get! Well, is there anyone who is in govt service and managed to get pcc? Please help
As my countdown of 60 days is already begun!

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Ajku said:
I have stayed at two addresses in India for period of 6+ months. Is pcc required for both the addresses? Or one pcc is enough?
I am having a really tough time getting pcc! I have read people running from pillar to post for reference letter! Since I am in govt job, the policeman who cam efor verification, asked for noc from employer! Which is much hard to get! Well, is there anyone who is in govt service and managed to get pcc? Please help
As my countdown of 60 days is already begun!
You must obtain your PCC from your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). One PCC is required for One country.
I cannot advice you anything about NOC from employer, because this is something new that I have come across - that Govt. employees need to obtain NOC

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sushsmart15 said:
You must obtain your PCC from your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). One PCC is required for One country.
I cannot advice you anything about NOC from employer, because this is something new that I shave come across - that Govt. employees need to obtain NOC
Yes, as far as I have heard Indian government employees need No Objection Certificate from employers.

DESAIronak

Oct 8, 2012
sushsmart15 said:
You definitely need to obtain Indian PCC (either from PSK in India OR from Indian Embassy if you stay abroad) and submit it for e-APR.
Thank you Sushsmart15, I just want to confirm one more time::
I did my PCC on 23rd Aug 2016 for India, I went to USA last month for 10 days now you are saying I still need to redo it?

Regards.