+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance - assistance is appreciated

canada2007

Nov 28, 2006
Greetings Forum

My sister is in process of getting a permanent residency in Canada under Skilled worker category.

Canadian High commission asked her to provide police clearance certificate for each country she resided for six months or over.

1. She studied in St. Petersburg Russia for seven years and she visited her home country every year (Sri Lanka). She graduated in 2000 and since then she lived in her home country(except below note).
Does she have to provide a Police clearance certificate from Russia though she was just a student?

2. She worked 9 months in US military base in Iraq (as a contractor) and it is nearly impossible to obtain a police clearance (due to instability of the country). She has letters to prove she worked in the base. Does it suffice the requirement? If not, how can she convince the counselor of lack of Police clearance certificate form Iraq (except contact the embassy and wait for a long time I guess)?

I would highly appreciate if you could provide a solution for this matter.

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary
Hello ,
You definately need to provide a Russian police clearence and sri lankan police clearence.
As far as Iraq PC, write a letter of explaination stating that Its not possible to provide a PC frpm Iraq and staple the letter your sister got from the US military base along with the letter.

I am very positive that It will do the needful.

Regards,
Syed.