+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police check exemption

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi,

Does anyone have experience of successfully applying for a police clearance/check exemption as part of their express entry application? I have applied for one as I applied for a police check from Vietnam 3 months ago and it hasn't arrived (likely never will).

Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Does anyone have experience of successfully applying for a police clearance/check exemption as part of their express entry application? I have applied for one as I applied for a police check from Vietnam 3 months ago and it hasn't arrived (likely never will).

Thanks in advance
Why can't you obtain the PCC from Vietnam? What evidence do you have to show it's not feasible? What are the various things you've done to try to obtain one?

My husband was approved for PR with on PCC missing - however we were able to demonstrate that the PCC was impossible to get based on responses from embassies / consulates, the extensive efforts we had taken to get one, and official government information online.

We did not apply for an exemption. We submitted an evidence package with the PR application to demonstrate it wasn't feasible to get the PCC.

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
I don't know if it's feasible or not and whether anyone actually ever successfully gets a Vietnam police clearance... but I've followed the exact process on the IRCC and Vietnam websites and just have not received it and not heard anything back at all from Vietnam... it has been 3 months and I have had to submit my PR docs without it and I included a letter of explanation of all of the steps that I did including following the correct procedure, paying the fees, proof of postage and that it was successfully delivered, proof of 3 email follow ups, and no response from Vietnam.

But I'm trying to understand if others have had the same experience with Vietnam, or have received exemptions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't know if it's feasible or not and whether anyone actually ever successfully gets a Vietnam police clearance... but I've followed the exact process on the IRCC and Vietnam websites and just have not received it and not heard anything back at all from Vietnam... it has been 3 months and I have had to submit my PR docs without it and I included a letter of explanation of all of the steps that I did including following the correct procedure, paying the fees, proof of postage and that it was successfully delivered, proof of 3 email follow ups, and no response from Vietnam.

But I'm trying to understand if others have had the same experience with Vietnam, or have received exemptions.
You'll need to use the search feature on this forum to look for discussions about Vietnam PCCs. I don't remember reading that people have had problems - but entirely possible that some may have.

In my husband's case, the PCC was literally impossible to obtain. He worked in Kuwait before the war and all police records were destroyed in the war - so they had no record of him being there and they would not issue a PCC. We had letters from various embassies and consulates to back this up - as well as an official statement from a US government website. So different than your situation and more clear cut IMO.

rily

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Contact your embassy or make a phone call. Did you submit the application? If you didn't submit the application yet, go back to ur country to get it. My country isn't issue PCC unless I have the document from IRCC. They already had my previous PCC in their system but they still ask me to submit the new one.

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
It's not my country, I lived there for 1 year 5 years ago, which is part of the thing that makes it so hard for me to get it. I can't speak Vietnamese and I'm not Vietnamese.