+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police check Australia

ianmyers

Jan 7, 2009
Hi there

I have just received back my Australian Federal police check with fingerprints. It cam back completely clear. Reading on now on the immigration site it says I may also need a traffic background check from time there.. Is this included in my police check or is this another check I have to apply for?

The original police check cost me $105 so I was hoping this would be enough.. can anyone advise me on how to proceed.

many thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ianmyers said:
Hi there

I have just received back my Australian Federal police check with fingerprints. It cam back completely clear. Reading on now on the immigration site it says I may also need a traffic background check from time there.. Is this included in my police check or is this another check I have to apply for?

The original police check cost me $105 so I was hoping this would be enough.. can anyone advise me on how to proceed.

many thanks
According to the instructions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY: Please note that all applicants who resided or still reside in: Queensland, Victoria or Western Australia, must also submit a Traffic History printout, which may be obtained by contacting the local State Transport/Traffic branch. An immigration file number, if available, should be endorsed on the certificate.

ChristyandRob

Mar 26, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
File Transfer...
23-04-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
09-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
I had to do this (I lived in Qld for a few years) - it's not included in the Federal Police Check.

As it happens, I have never had a license, so it was a bit of a pain trying to get a letter from the Queensland Transport people to say that I've never had one. They kept trying to charge me a fee to print off my traffic record, when I kept telling them I've never had a license and that it was unfair to charge a fee. This went back and forwards for a few frustrating days, until the manager got involved, took pity on me, and sent me a letter to state I've never had a record. If you have a similar situation, drop me a line and I'll send you the manager's contact details.

ianmyers

Jan 7, 2009
Thanks for your help, really appreciate it. I spent one year in Australia on working holiday visa. I spent 6 months in sydney NSW and then 3 months in victoria and 3 months in queensland. Would you think I will need a traffic history printout for both victoria and queensland? If so can i request this online anywhere...?

Thanks again for both of your help.

ChristyandRob

Mar 26, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
File Transfer...
23-04-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
09-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
I think it's only for QLD that you need a cert?

They don't take online applications as far as I know, just hard copy applications. But I think you can download a copy from their website.

Good luck with everything :)

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
ChristyandRob said:
I had to do this (I lived in Qld for a few years) - it's not included in the Federal Police Check.

As it happens, I have never had a license, so it was a bit of a pain trying to get a letter from the Queensland Transport people to say that I've never had one. They kept trying to charge me a fee to print off my traffic record, when I kept telling them I've never had a license and that it was unfair to charge a fee. This went back and forwards for a few frustrating days, until the manager got involved, took pity on me, and sent me a letter to state I've never had a record. If you have a similar situation, drop me a line and I'll send you the manager's contact details.
I am in the same situation and would love that manager's contact details. I just sent you a PM.

Cheers!

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Also, I am wondering whether it is sufficient for me to send just a regular copy of my passport as identification to the AFP for the national police check, or do I have to get certified identification?

baljinsi

Jan 18, 2011
ChristyandRob said:

Hello Sir,
I am in similar situation. I have just 20 days in Hand and I need to give my australian PCC to canda immigration department.Would you please tell me the fastest process to get Finger print verification and Traffic hostory. I am at Perth.

Thanks,
-Baljinsi

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
I also had to get a Traffic record for Queensland, and had to send in certified copies of the ID requested and posted an application form you download from the internet.

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
found this thread and hope you guys can help me out. my husband was in aussi for close to 2 years before moving back to our native country and we needed his police clearance done. we did the federal check and the traffic check.

our visa office sent us a letter stating that they need the original clearence. we have sent all the originals that we got back from aussi and now wondering what they are talking about..

any idea guys?

is the clearence seperate from the federal and traffic check (including finger prints) or is it the same and this office had gotten things messed up?