+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATES

George_GR

Dec 21, 2015
Immigration guide for family class sponsorship writes that I need to collect all "....police certificates from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have resided six months or more since 18 years of age"

The sponsorship is a spousal one, in which my mother(who is Canadian) is sponsoring my father. Me and my sister, we are canadian citizens(but not by birth) as well.

Is it necessary to send police certificates for my mother, my sister and me? We are already Canadians, why do i have to send?

We are applying from Greece(just in case....)

Thank you in advance!

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no.
only your father need to get police certificate from his home country and any country he has lived more than 6 month after he was 18 yr old.

you,your mother and your sister does not need.
also, your father does not need to get one in Canada (if he lived in Canada more than 6 months) :CIC runs by themselves.

George_GR

Dec 21, 2015
Thank you so much for the quick response!

So, is this official? Is this because we are Canadian citizens?

I'm so happy that i don't have to translate more documents from greek to english! (lol)

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
George_GR said:
Thank you so much for the quick response!

So, is this official? Is this because we are Canadian citizens?
For the purposes of this application, "family members" refers to spouse and dependent children of the Principal Applicant who are not already Canadian citizens/PRs.

George_GR

Dec 21, 2015
So in that case, it is not needed to to complete "schedule A background/declaration" for all of as well. Is only necessary for my father, right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
George_GR said:
So in that case, it is not needed to to complete "schedule A background/declaration" for all of as well. Is only necessary for my father, right?
Correct.