+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificates- Spousal Outland Applicant

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Why do I see so many posts about people sending police certificates after they have already submitted their application?

The application on the CIC website says that the primary applicant must send a valid police certificate from any country they lived in for 6 months or longer since their 18th birthday WITH their application. I am a bit confused as to why police certificates are being sent afterwards.

Can anyone answer this? Thanks in advance.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Anyone know? Thanks!
No idea. Seems ckesr enough to me.

I can only assume that either the certs supplied were out of date or if they luved in multiple countries, that they missed some countries certs. It is likely that the initial completeness check only checks that A certificate is present and does mot read the forms in detail at that stage to decide whether or not more certs are required, hence the application may get accepted, then additional certs requested at a later stage.

Just my own guess!

Reactions: Nadster85

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Anyone know? Thanks!
I was also requested to submit pcc from my country (after 9 months of processing) even though I submitted one with the application. But the one I submitted at the beginning of the process was dated June 2018 and application received November 2018. Maybe because it was expired they asked for new one...

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I was also requested to submit pcc from my country (after 9 months of processing) even though I submitted one with the application. But the one I submitted at the beginning of the process was dated June 2018 and application received November 2018. Maybe because it was expired they asked for new one...
I am not certain for hoe long police certs are considered valid by IRCC. It used to be 3 months, then 6 months, then back to 3......

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
I am not certain for hoe long police certs are considered valid by IRCC. It used to be 3 months, then 6 months, then back to 3......
Have no any idea... but pcc from my country is valid only for 90 days for processing abroad.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Interesting! Maybe that is why. I am only asking because we are in the process of submitting and we were told to get the PCCs from both countries before submission. Hopefully they wont need them again by the middle of this process lol! What a crazy system.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Thank you for your responses. My hopes are that we wont have to go through Egypt's PCC thing again. It's ridiculously slow. We already got one, and one from Qatar but Qatar is way more organized. Egypt is just all over the place!

Shae Rae

May 28, 2019
I know for some countries you cannot get a police certificate upfront so you have to send in the consent form when you submit your application. Later on they will then send you a request which enables you to file for your police certificate.
Example: I'm sponsoring my husband from Netherlands and it was like this for us.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
I know for some countries you cannot get a police certificate upfront so you have to send in the consent form when you submit your application. Later on they will then send you a request which enables you to file for your police certificate.
Example: I'm sponsoring my husband from Netherlands and it was like this for us.
Oh ok. I see. This makes more sense.
I thought it might be an inland outland thing.
Thanks for the information! :)

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Is there a consent form online to print and include with the application?

My return letter from IRCC says that:
"The schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form and Police certificate(s) are now required in order to mee completeness requirements"

I assume that if the country we apply for will not release it until a consent form is supplied by the IRCC, this will suffice?

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
For some countries, you have to wait till CIC send you a mail to do police check before it could be done
Thanks. It was deceiving that they include the police certificates as part of the 'completeness' of the application but it may mean more about the IMM 5669 is mandatory to be included in the initial application or else it will be refused and sent back.

Just so paranoid about the requirements.
The site with a date of March 2017 says:

"Do not apply for the Background Verification Certificate until you receive a file number from the Canadian visa office and instructions telling you to apply for the certificate.
Service providers will require you to sign a consent form authorizing them to disclose the Background Verification Certificate to the Canadian visa officer.
Service providers will forward the Background Verification Certificate directly to CIC."

We'll submit without the certificate and wait for the correspondence from IRCC once into the process.

Shae Rae

May 28, 2019
Is there a consent form online to print and include with the application?

My return letter from IRCC says that:
"The schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form and Police certificate(s) are now required in order to mee completeness requirements"

I assume that if the country we apply for will not release it until a consent form is supplied by the IRCC, this will suffice?

When you download everything go through the "Document Checklist [IMM 5533]"
Under "SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR SPONSORED PERSONS" 4. "POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES" (this is on page 7 of 10 of the current checklist.)

There is a section there that states "Note: Some countries may need consent from IRCC to issue a police certificate. If so, you should submit the consent form to us in place of the police certificate. We'll assess the consent form and start the police certificate request. Check the requirements for different countries here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

Consent form: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/pc_lettera_e.pdf
(the link they provide is broken)

Submit that consent form if the PA's country qualifies in place of the police certificate in your application package. I hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
The lawyer I am working with indicated that PCCs are supposed to be valid for a year from issue date. But I think it all depends on where the PA is from.
Either way, the website states two different things but I think the best thing to do is to always look at country specific requirements. If you are sponsoring a spouse who is living outside of their home country it is even more annoying.
LOL. I am! Bleh!