+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificates six months or more in a row - China

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
Possibly some good news!!! :)

One of my colleagues at work has a sister (british) and her husband (South Korean/Chinese) who live in Guangzhou. They are about to expect a baby so I havnt brought it up yet but I may ask my colleague if it is possible if they can go to the police station for me.

Please could you let me know what I will need to send them to get the police check or at least proof that I have tried (just in case it can't be done)?

Is there any cost to get the PCC at the station in Guangzhou?

Also I will need to get the document translated so does anyone know any translation services in vancouver?

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
Can anyone help please.

My friend has confirmed that her sister and husband can do this for me :)

I'd like to start the process. I have my old passport with Z visa and residence permit for when I entered country plus another document in Chinese and English confirming I am on a Z visa.

I can scan these across and send to her sister and husband.

What else do I need? I see it states a notarized letter confirming they can act on my behalf but I don't know where I need to start getting this done. I've never had to do anything like this?

What is the cost for the police certificate from Guangzhou/Guangdong province?

Thanks

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
You need power of attorney for this purpose and scan the whole passport. You may check the requirements by asking a chinese agency about required documents.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
How do I show power of attorney? Do I write letter and they take it to the police station?

Why do they need the whole passport? Usually at most it is all pages with stamps?

I'm not using a Chinese agency, I'm going directly though my friends sister

Would it better for me to ask them to go into a police station In Guangzhou and ask them what they need first of all and take it from there?

This seems like a lot of trouble just for a PCC...my British one was a piece of cake compared!

sumeshpunakkal

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Junko_spud said:
How do I show power of attorney? Do I write letter and they take it to the police station?

Why do they need the whole passport? Usually at most it is all pages with stamps?

I'm not using a Chinese agency, I'm going directly though my friends sister

Would it better for me to ask them to go into a police station In Guangzhou and ask them what they need first of all and take it from there?

This seems like a lot of trouble just for a PCC...my British one was a piece of cake compared!
Hi Junko_spud, I have template of power of attorney which I gave to my friend in China. Inbox your email, if you need that one. Also apart from power of attorney, you just need the passport pages and resident permits.
Also if you were on deputation from one company, you will need letter from that company as well.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
sumeshpunakkal said:
Hi Junko_spud, I have template of power of attorney which I gave to my friend in China. Inbox your email, if you need that one. Also apart from power of attorney, you just need the passport pages and resident permits.
Also if you were on deputation from one company, you will need letter from that company as well.
What does deputation from a company mean?

I worked for an aviation college there and was employed by them but I a, not on good terms with them so they will not give me a letter.

chiteeth

Jan 20, 2016
Hi Sumeshpunakkal,

in your notes i see that the you have got the PR in Dec 2015... Happy for you...

I too worked in Longhua (Guangzhou Province) and was exactly there for 6 months... Me & my husband has been doing a lot of research on how to get the PCC and found this thread. I do not have any contacts in china as my stay there was in the year 2006-2007...

I was on F Visa the whole time...

Can you please help us what are the exact details/documents submitted by you to the CIC?

Can you Whatsapp me @7760691812

Looking forward for your response.

Appreciate if you could help us as you know the difficulty in getting the PCC from china....

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Junko_spud said:
What does deputation from a company mean?

I worked for an aviation college there and was employed by them but I a, not on good terms with them so they will not give me a letter.
Hey guys! I know this is 4 months ago, but just wondering if there have been any developments RE trying to get the PCC from China.

I'm going to need to try and get one soon and so far looks impossible. Not willing to pay 100s of $ or travel all the way there to apply for it. Would CIC consider this admissible or would they just say "you should just go there and get it".

I have friends there but havent heard from them.

rejo_j2003

Aug 5, 2015
uxd said:
Agencies in other cities will get you the PCC, irrespective of where did you stay in China. I stayed in Guangdong province but I got PCC through a Shanghai based agency.
I was in Shandong province and please give that agency which helped you in getting PCC.

shashar

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gary_87 said:
Hey guys! I know this is 4 months ago, but just wondering if there have been any developments RE trying to get the PCC from China.

I'm going to need to try and get one soon and so far looks impossible. Not willing to pay 100s of $ or travel all the way there to apply for it. Would CIC consider this admissible or would they just say "you should just go there and get it".

I have friends there but havent heard from them.
Hi,

any luck with PCC? We are trying for months as we were in china from 2002 to 2006 on business visa type F but not able to get one. We were in Shenzhen.

Any guidance here will help.

Thanks

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Could you please update on how you are able to get the PCC from China eventually? Your input is greatly appreciated. I am in the same situation. Thank you.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just for info,
there was a reported case of application cancellation, because the PCC from the country did not cover all stay period in the country.
If you cannot get such certificate (refusal to issue one for short term stay), you need to attach communication, where you requested such certificate and where they refused to issue you such PCC.
That way you will fullfill conditions of PCC.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Updates:

I applied for my PR without my Chinese PCC. I included an abundance of correspondence with visa companies in China who get PCCs showing their inability to get me a PCC without me physically being there. I included correspondence with visa companies saying they would do it for a substantial fee. I showed how i had contradictory advice and was therefore unwilling to spend a large amount for a third party police certificate. I also included correspondence with the british embassy, the canadian embassy and the australian embassy in the city I lived who confirmed they were unable to offer me consulate support and also confirmed that i would indeed have to travel to china to get my PCC.

I said that this was unreasonable due to the cost of flights, time to procure the document and time away from work/studies.

I recently received my COPR with no issues. Include enough correspondence showing you attemped to get your PCC and then include a cover letter explaining everything.

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
vensak said:
Just for info,
there was a reported case of application cancellation, because the PCC from the country did not cover all stay period in the country.
If you cannot get such certificate (refusal to issue one for short term stay), you need to attach communication, where you requested such certificate and where they refused to issue you such PCC.
That way you will fullfill conditions of PCC.
Dear Vensak,

Thank you very much for the reminder. I am trying my best to cover all the time frame. Let's hope for the best.

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Gary_87 said:
Updates:

I applied for my PR without my Chinese PCC. I included an abundance of correspondence with visa companies in China who get PCCs showing their inability to get me a PCC without me physically being there. I included correspondence with visa companies saying they would do it for a substantial fee. I showed how i had contradictory advice and was therefore unwilling to spend a large amount for a third party police certificate. I also included correspondence with the british embassy, the canadian embassy and the australian embassy in the city I lived who confirmed they were unable to offer me consulate support and also confirmed that i would indeed have to travel to china to get my PCC.

I said that this was unreasonable due to the cost of flights, time to procure the document and time away from work/studies.

I recently received my COPR with no issues. Include enough correspondence showing you attemped to get your PCC and then include a cover letter explaining everything.
Dear Gary_87,

Thank you for sharing this useful input with me. I will follow your suggestion on supporting the attempted efforts with email correspondence, if the worst case happens.