+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificates/FBI Check

Dianarocio

Sep 24, 2017
I'm a US citizen getting sponsored by my husband for In-Canada Permanent Residence (no children or any other kinds of dependents) and I have gotten to the point where they sent a request for a police certificate. I found out about Fieldprint and it seems like a quick and easy way to get the paperwork I need. Has anyone else used it successfully? is it really worth the $50?

Mery_M

Sep 5, 2017
Chicago,USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Passport Req..
16-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2018
I'm a US citizen getting sponsored by my husband for In-Canada Permanent Residence (no children or any other kinds of dependents) and I have gotten to the point where they sent a request for a police certificate. I found out about Fieldprint and it seems like a quick and easy way to get the paperwork I need. Has anyone else used it successfully? is it really worth the $50?
Hi, yes it is, otherwise you will wait like at least 13 weeks!!!

HollieO

Oct 14, 2017
The FBI has an online option that is significantly quicker than mailing in your application now. You just apply online, pay the fee, get your fingerprints and mail them in. Once they get the finger prints, it's maybe two weeks for them to get the police clearance certificate to you.

HollieO

Oct 14, 2017
The FBI has an online option that is significantly quicker than mailing in your application now. You just apply online, pay the fee, get your fingerprints and mail them in. Once they get the finger prints, it's maybe two weeks for them to get the police clearance certificate to you.
If you need a timeline, I sent in my fingerprints via Canada Post after making an online request for a police certificate. Got there about three days later. I literally got my police certificate via e-mail the next day. So yeah, it's going a lot quicker.

rio5

Nov 9, 2016
I submitted my request along with fingerprints via mail 3 months ago and still have not received it... wish I would have seen this thread. It has delayed my application quite a bit.

Ann120

Aug 3, 2018
My husband is US citizen and we are currently applying for PR in Canada. He needed a FBI background check with fingerprints and we went to The Fingerprint Room in Richmond and we got the certificate very quickly. We just went in, filled in a form, took the fingerprints and we were out. I think we got his certificate in our email in like 1 day.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
What? One day? OMG, we have been waiting for two months now. I think I am going to try one of these other ways. Does anyone know of a place that does this really fast near Montreal?

Ann120

Aug 3, 2018
What? One day? OMG, we have been waiting for two months now. I think I am going to try one of these other ways. Does anyone know of a place that does this really fast near Montreal?
My husband was chatting with them at our appointment and I think they can do FBI background checks for international clients and people from other parts of Canada. It's best to ask them, they are really friendly people. Here's their website https://thefingerprintroom.com/

Reactions: skye