+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificates/clearances

SkilledPro

Mar 13, 2009
Hello everyone,

I applied for Federal Skilled worker from the U.S. I am an F1 (student) here. For those who already submitted their supporting documents to Buffalo, please shed some light:

1. What are the steps I should take to get Police certificate and clearance. I currently reside in California.

2. Is my understanding correct that I need to get both FBI clearance and "State of California" Police certificates?

3. Should I use local police department for fingerprinting OR a private fingerprinting vendor? Which did you use to get your fingerprint and the pros and cons?

4. How long is the processing time of FBI and state clearances?

5. Did you show/send the FSW AOR to prove that you need to have your fingerprint taken? or did you just write a letter explaining your purpose?

6. Native or home country clearances, how to obtain if currently residing in the US?

Please bear with me. I want to learn from your experiences as well.

Thank you so much.

vmirkhani

Apr 9, 2009
Hi all
I sent my forms for Federal skilled worker 1st March 2009 , they returned me back with a letter that my job experience details were incomplete ,Could anyone please help me by sending me completed" Schedule 3 page 2 (work experience) " by e-mail that I will be able to get ideas to fill and send again .
Many Thanks for your help
Dr.Vahideh mirkhani , email: vmirkhani@yahoo.com

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Dr Mirkhani,

You have posted this message separately. Some have commented already. Do not post your query under wrong headings. Do not repeat your postings.

SkilledPro

Mar 13, 2009
I will again post this question as others replied on this post for different concern. Please help shed some light about my inquiries.

Hello everyone,

I applied for Federal Skilled worker from the U.S. I am an F1 (student) here. For those who already submitted their supporting documents to Buffalo, please shed some light:

1. What are the steps I should take to get Police certificate and clearance. I currently reside in California.

2. Is my understanding correct that I need to get both FBI clearance and "State of California" Police certificates?

3. Should I use local police department for fingerprinting OR a private fingerprinting vendor? Which did you use to get your fingerprint and the pros and cons?

5. Did you show/send the FSW AOR to prove that you need to have your fingerprint taken? or did you just write a letter explaining your purpose?

6. Native or home country clearances, how to obtain if currently residing in the US?

Thank you so much.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
1) i dont remember the steps but if you do a google search, the FBI PC stuff will come up. It can also be found from a link on the CIC website.
2) all countries and states where you have lived for longer than 6months since the age of 18.
3) Use whatever is cheaper. police dept should be cheaper.
4) FBI is about 2-4 weeks.
5) From what I remember, my state and FBI didn't care why I was getting it.
6) By following the procedure in your home country. It depends on your home country. Every country is different and some are easier than others.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SkilledPro said:
I will again post this question as others replied on this post for different concern. Please help shed some light about my inquiries.

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much.
"When all else fails, read the instructions"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

FBI 2-4 weeks

PMM

Murphy25

Aug 28, 2012
Don't want to start a new thread so I'll just post this here, currently the cic site says FBI takes 16-18 weeks. Is this true? So long! Any way to expedite this?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Look at FBI's website directly:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/submitting-an-identification-record-request-to-the-fbi

According to their website, normal processing time is 4-6 weeks.

Murphy25 said:
Don't want to start a new thread so I'll just post this here, currently the cic site says FBI takes 16-18 weeks. Is this true? So long! Any way to expedite this?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Follow this link for what you need to do to get PCC from the US: The application forms required and the steps to be taken are clearly listed.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/submitting-an-identification-record-request-to-the-fbi

You only need a US PCC, not specific PCCs for states.

SkilledPro said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much.