+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate

JJ@CA

Jul 28, 2022
Dear forum member, I received police certificate request from CIC today to provide the certificate from 22 Sep 2017 to 22 Oct 2028 while I was at my home country. The problem is that I traveled to overseas a lot that year and didn’t stay at my home country for more than 183 days in a row (this info is not on physical presence calculator form as the form only asks days absent from Canada). What should I do? I believe that I don’t need to provide the certificate. Many thanks for your kind help!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Dear forum member, I received police certificate request from CIC today to provide the certificate from 22 Sep 2017 to 22 Oct 2028 while I was at my home country. The problem is that I traveled to overseas a lot that year and didn’t stay at my home country for more than 183 days in a row (this info is not on physical presence calculator form as the form only asks days absent from Canada). What should I do? I believe that I don’t need to provide the certificate. Many thanks for your kind help!
The physical presence calculator also asks for location; did you state all locations, and further clarify the exact times spent in each location in a letter of explanation? Would it be difficult to get a PCC?

JJ@CA

Jul 28, 2022
The physical presence calculator also asks for location; did you state all locations, and further clarify the exact times spent in each location in a letter of explanation? Would it be difficult to get a PCC?
Hi John, many thanks for your reply. I replied to CIC and included the exact information of each countries visited, also attached my passport scan. Hopefully there will be a positive feedback from them. Thanks again!

Reactions: Alpatorix

Alpatorix

Sep 28, 2022
Good luck with that, I may be will have the same situation in the future, interesting how it will be with yours . . . :)