+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate

sharathsam

Aug 11, 2017
Hello Members,

I have been living in the US since 2007 and have been to my home country (India) multiple times but for short vacations not exceeding 35 days. Is it necessary to get a PCC from my home country (India) or just an FBI certificate would be enough.

Thank you very much,
Sharath.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Members,

I have been living in the US since 2007 and have been to my home country (India) multiple times but for short vacations not exceeding 35 days. Is it necessary to get a PCC from my home country (India) or just an FBI certificate would be enough.

Thank you very much,
Sharath.
As per the guidelines you’ll be asked for pcc of countries you have spent more than 6 months. There was a similar case to you on forum where the person did not see Indian pcc asked for in document check list. But I would suggest you get Indian pcc just to be on safe side in case they ask for it as additional document request later on.

sharathsam

Aug 11, 2017
As per the guidelines you’ll be asked for pcc of countries you have spent more than 6 months. There was a similar case to you on forum where the person did not see Indian pcc asked for in document check list. But I would suggest you get Indian pcc just to be on safe side in case they ask for it as additional document request later on.
Thank you for the advise cansha.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
I've probably cumulatively lived in India for 6 months in my whole life but I still assumed that I needed an Indian PCC being a citizen and got one but only to find out it wasn't part of the document list. but @cansha is right, you never know, they just might end up asking for it with an ADR at some point in time.