+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate

kannav

Jun 6, 2017
Hi,
I have been residing in my current address in Delhi for more than 20 years now but the duration mentioned is from June 2010 till date in the issued PCC.
The reason is that I have provided the photocopy of my passport as my identification proof(issued in 2010) while applying for PCC.

Let me know if it could create any issue while submitting my application because in the application I have mentioned the duration of my stay in my current address from 1996 but in the Pcc it is mentioned from June 2010 till date

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Hi,
I have been residing in my current address in Delhi for more than 20 years now but the duration mentioned is from June 2010 till date in the issued PCC.
The reason is that I have provided the photocopy of my passport as my identification proof(issued in 2010) while applying for PCC.

Let me know if it could create any issue while submitting my application because in the application I have mentioned the duration of my stay in my current address from 1996 but in the Pcc it is mentioned from June 2010 till date
Where did you get the PCC from? It usually doesn't have any dates on it.

Reactions: love4immigration

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
When you file your application, at that point where you live is your country of residence. So the day you file your application and you are living in USA, it will be your country of residence.
Hi Legalfalcon,

In the past few days I have contacted CIC and was informed by three reps that if the PCC is under 6 months its valid even if it was received before leaving a country. They basically read out the following and said that it is the information that they were instructed to provide,

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
Any thoughts on this??

puff123

Apr 11, 2017
Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the translation of police certificate. Does it need to be translated in Canada or have it translated by a certified translator from my country would suffice ?

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the translation of police certificate. Does it need to be translated in Canada or have it translated by a certified translator from my country would suffice ?
Translated by a certified translator in your country will suffice.
The following information is from CIC site-
Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
I applied it online on the delhi police website
You may have issues with that certificate. Apply at the nearest PSK.

applicant2016

Sep 10, 2016
Can you please let me know whether I can submit a PCC which is being issued back in 2014 , considering the fact that I have not visited the country after 2011.
From Immigration website, understanding is PCC should be valid as long as we have not visited the county post date of issue of PCC.

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a question about the Police Certificate:

My country of residence is Lebanon. But I lived in Spain for 2 years (2013-2015) to study for my Masters Degree. So, naturally I have to get a Police Certificate from there. I have not been in Spain since 2015 and I do not live there anymore, I've been here in Lebanon since then, so my question is:

Can I personally travel now to Spain on a tourist visa, to apply and get a Police Certificate myself, or I must request it by mail?
It would be easier for me if I actually go there, but I read somewhere that it will be invalid because I must get a Police Certificate after I leave the country. That doesn't make sense to me....

Anyone has any idea if I can do that?

ericwu

Aug 18, 2017
When you file your application, at that point where you live is your country of residence. So the day you file your application and you are living in USA, it will be your country of residence.
Hi, Legalfalcon,
In second scenario, if I visit the country that I used to visit do I need to update the certificate. To be specific, when I submitted my application, I provide that country's police certificate because I had visited that country before and more than six month. However, after I submitted my application, I visited that country again and went back. Do I have to update the police certificate cause the date of last visit time is different?

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Hi guys,

I have a question about the Police Certificate:

My country of residence is Lebanon. But I lived in Spain for 2 years (2013-2015) to study for my Masters Degree. So, naturally I have to get a Police Certificate from there. I have not been in Spain since 2015 and I do not live there anymore, I've been here in Lebanon since then, so my question is:

Can I personally travel now to Spain on a tourist visa, to apply and get a Police Certificate myself, or I must request it by mail?
It would be easier for me if I actually go there, but I read somewhere that it will be invalid because I must get a Police Certificate after I leave the country. That doesn't make sense to me....

Anyone has any idea if I can do that?
You must complete and mail a Model 790 application from the Criminal Record Certificate page, along with all supporting documentation (see Information or documents you need), to the Central Office of Citizen Services at the Ministry of Justice.

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/spain.asp)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, Legalfalcon,
In second scenario, if I visit the country that I used to visit do I need to update the certificate. To be specific, when I submitted my application, I provide that country's police certificate because I had visited that country before and more than six month. However, after I submitted my application, I visited that country again and went back. Do I have to update the police certificate cause the date of last visit time is different?
As per IRCC:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
  • Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10.
If you fall in second situation you need to get a PCC after you have visited that country. However, if you have filed your application post ITA, you need not update any pcc and you are free to travel to any country.

ericwu

Aug 18, 2017
As per IRCC:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
  • Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10.
If you fall in second situation you need to get a PCC after you have visited that country. However, if you have filed your application post ITA, you need not update any pcc and you are free to travel to any country.
Hi, legalfalcon

Thank you so much for your information. I have filed my application in Feb and submitted the PCC (the country I visited for more than 6 months before) in April. I travel to this country again in July and plan to leave at the end of August. Just to be clear again, I don't need to update this country's PCC when I go back to my home country, is this correct? Thank you so much!