+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate

Lucy061419

Apr 3, 2017
Hello
do I need a police certificate if I have studied in London for 1 year, but after each 4 months I came back to my home country for 2 weeks or more ?
Thanks

vidalbr

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
04-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-03-2017
Lucy061419 said:
Hello
do I need a police certificate if I have studied in London for 1 year, but after each 4 months I came back to my home country for 2 weeks or more ?
Thanks
You can preemptively get that PCC and add to your application, if CIC judges the PCC is not applicable at least you have done your part and they can use their best sense in this case.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Lucy061419 said:
Hello
Thanks
Yes, PCC is required for every country you have spent more than 6 months in CUMULATIVELY in the last 10 years or sInce your 18th birthday.

UK PCC is easy to get so don't you won't struggle to get it.
https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
vidalbr said:
You can preemptively get that PCC and add to your application, if CIC judges the PCC is not applicable at least you have done your part and they can use their best sense in this case.
It will definitely be need.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

HelpDesk

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have resided in 3 different cities in last 10 years.
Lahore - 5 years
Islamabad - 4 years
Karachi - 1 year ( My current city)

Do I need PCC from all of these or just the one from my hometown suffice?

4RyL

Jun 6, 2017
Hi,

I have resided in 3 different cities in last 10 years.
Lahore - 5 years
Islamabad - 4 years
Karachi - 1 year ( My current city)

Do I need PCC from all of these or just the one from my hometown suffice?
all

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Hi: I just received my PCC. have lived on multiple addresses since I turned 18, all in one city, (Peshawar, Pakistan). My PCC runs like this:

"There is nothing adverse/Criminal record against him/her on the record of local police station to date. Further verification on his permanent address maybe asked from home district."

There is no mention of the year from which I am in peshawar, mentioning only "Till date". Is that fine? Or should I ask them to put "since date of turning 18 till present date"

Also, do I need to get the PCC from district of permanent address also, even if not lived there since 18?

Please help.

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Yes, PCC is required for every country you have spent more than 6 months in CUMULATIVELY in the last 10 years or sInce your 18th birthday.

UK PCC is easy to get so don't you won't struggle to get it.
https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

All the best
hello i just need one clarification from your reply

i am in post ita phase and gathering documents. The CIC form asks me to enter my places of travel for the last 10 years, or since my 18th birthday if less than 10 years ago. Please advise which of these two am I to write if I am currently 33 years old? I think i just have to fill in the last 10 years and not since my 18th birthday but would like someone to confirm that what Im thinking is right- since I do not want to miss anything out.

I travelled to Dubai in 2003 and spent 6 months there in multiple trips. But since this was not in the last 10 years so I have not mentioned this in my personal and travel history. in this case am I right in saying that I do not need a police certificate from Dubai since the travel was not in the last 10 years?

Many thanks for your help

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
hello i just need one clarification from your reply

i am in post ita phase and gathering documents. The CIC form asks me to enter my places of travel for the last 10 years, or since my 18th birthday if less than 10 years ago. Please advise which of these two am I to write if I am currently 33 years old? I think i just have to fill in the last 10 years and not since my 18th birthday but would like someone to confirm that what Im thinking is right- since I do not want to miss anything out.

I travelled to Dubai in 2003 and spent 6 months there in multiple trips. But since this was not in the last 10 years so I have not mentioned this in my personal and travel history. in this case am I right in saying that I do not need a police certificate from Dubai since the travel was not in the last 10 years?

Many thanks for your help
Hello,

1) Enter travel history for the last 10years. Since the age of 18 applies to those below the age of 27.
2) When it comes to PCC it all countries since the age of 18. So you will need to get one from Dubai.
"You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi: I just received my PCC. have lived on multiple addresses since I turned 18, all in one city, (Peshawar, Pakistan). My PCC runs like this:

"There is nothing adverse/Criminal record against him/her on the record of local police station to date. Further verification on his permanent address maybe asked from home district."

There is no mention of the year from which I am in peshawar, mentioning only "Till date". Is that fine? Or should I ask them to put "since date of turning 18 till present date"

Also, do I need to get the PCC from district of permanent address also, even if not lived there since 18?

Please help.
I'm not sure if this is correct because you PCC must cover you entire adult life (18+) and must be for the whole country not just a certain province(s).

Follow these instructions to get your PCC if you have not done so already : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/pakistan.asp

All the best

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
I'm not sure if this is correct because you PCC must cover you entire adult life (18+) and must be for the whole country not just a certain province(s).

Follow these instructions to get your PCC if you have not done so already : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/pakistan.asp

All the best
Dear TanakaM: Thank you for your suggestion. I will ask the police department to mention the period since 18 years till date. However, over here there is no such police certificate that is not a city or district specific, so my certificate is bound to have the name of the city where I have lived my entire life since the age of 18. My address history also shows the sane city since 18. Am I still in problem?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear TanakaM: Thank you for your suggestion. I will ask the police department to mention the period since 18 years till date. However, over here there is no such police certificate that is not a city or district specific, so my certificate is bound to have the name of the city where I have lived my entire life since the age of 18. My address history also shows the sane city since 18. Am I still in problem?
Oh ok. I think you may need to post this on one of the popular thread so that someone from Pakistan can respond. There should be a standard way of doing it since many people from Pakistan apply. You just don't want to take risks as PCC is one of the leading causes of rejection.

All the best

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Oh ok. I think you may need to post this on one of the popular thread so that someone from Pakistan can respond. There should be a standard way of doing it since many people from Pakistan apply. You just don't want to take risks as PCC is one of the leading causes of rejection.

All the best
Thank you TanakaM. I have posted on other relevant threads for more advises. I know PCC is the leading cause of rejection, and this worries me about mine now. :(