AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
01-11-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
I have a question about the police certificate. According to the instruction on CIC website, the PC "must be issued after the last time you lived in that country." I have applied for and got the PC from Vietnam where I used to live a few years ago, now if I come back for a short visit of 1 week, will this invalidate the current PC?

Djikstra

Feb 25, 2016
carbonchemist said:
I have a question about the police certificate. According to the instruction on CIC website, the PC "must be issued after the last time you lived in that country." I have applied for and got the PC from Vietnam where I used to live a few years ago, now if I come back for a short visit of 1 week, will this invalidate the current PC?
If you have submitted your application and visiting after that, you do not need to submit a new PCC.

If you application is pending submission, then the PCC should be issued after the date of your last departure from that country.

tsf14

Feb 17, 2013
So if we take the situation like this:
-Live and work in Canada
-Apply for EE and submit all the forms including the police certificate by December 2016.
-Visit back home for 2-3 weeks in February 2017 (while the EE process is still happening)

Would this potentially cause any problem?

As a side note, I'll be applying for a visa extension to match my work permit while I'm applying for EE. To my understanding it is a completely different process and has nothing effecting the EE?

tukelly

Apr 15, 2016
Is there any problem if the address in policy certificate is not matched with current address of main applicant?

I apply police certificate in The Netherlands but it takes time to deliver document to my country. Therefore, I have my friend living in Holland receive mail for me. However, in police certificate, it mentions address of my friend. They refused to update my address because they said that it should be consistent with mailing address.

I am not sure if it poses any risk here

Thanks