+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate

blackstilleto

Oct 26, 2008
Hi everyone,

I have trouble getting the police certificate from my country because it requires finger prints. I'm currently working in Toronto now and it is impossible for me to go back there just to get the police certificate. I moved to Toronto when i was 18 yrs old + 10 months, so based on their requirements I need to provide the police certificate. Any suggestion??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can get your fingerprints taken in Toronto and mailed to the old country. I had to do the same when I was applying for skilled worker. I was applying from where I lived before and because I had been in the US for several months just after my 18th birthday, I needed FBI clearance. I did not go to the US to get it. In my country, I went to the police and asked them where I can get my fingerprints taken. They said they would do it for me and I got the finger print sheet and mailed it to the US and then got my clean record back to send it to Canada immigration.

So.. I say you should go to the Toronto police and ask them where you can get your finger prints taken to send in to your birth country to get your record. If they don't do it, I am sure they can tell you where to go.