+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate: When to apply exactly? Confused...

unni@2016

Apr 9, 2016
unni@2016 said:
Hi Asivad
Can you please help me here
I still have confusion with the PCC for someone who stayed in more than one state in India.
In my case I have my passport issued from my native state and worked in Hyderabad and currently working in Bangalore both more than 3 years/state.
Do I need PCC from all the three states or I need to submit to submit only one from my native where my passport was issued.
Please reply

Thanks in advance

Indraneel

Nov 5, 2016
I am confused about this part mentioned on CIC site:

"We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

Sent by mail to whom and sent by whom?

Suppose if I need to provide a PCC of some Middle-east country and I apply for PCC over mail (courier, not email), and they provide me the PCC over mail(courier), is it acceptable by CIC? Or CIC expects you to actually visit that middle-east country, collect it in person from there and provide it to them?

Or are they asking for online submission(upload) of the PCC once I receive it from that country, no matter how I collect it....over mail or in person visiting the country?

Kindly explain.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Guys please i need help regarding my situation:

1-i lived in saudi before and left it and managed to get a pcc from there even though its not required for citizens who left ksa do will submit it.my wife stayed less than 6 months in total so am not gonna submit a pcc for her.

2-now am in bahrain and the instructions ask to wait for a letter to obtain a bahraini pcc but anyways i think i can manage to get the letter before hand is that ok??will it be valid if i apply in less than 3 months or no since bahrain is now my country of residence.another q me and my wife will have diff dates for pcc since she is out of the country now is that ok??

3-in the bahraini pcc instructions its written that pcc from bahrain sent by email will not be accepted,what does that mean??

4-i am planning to go to my home country and get a pcc then few days letter leave will it be ok?thanks in advance

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Indraneel said:
I am confused about this part mentioned on CIC site:

"We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

Sent by mail to whom and sent by whom?

Suppose if I need to provide a PCC of some Middle-east country and I apply for PCC over mail (courier, not email), and they provide me the PCC over mail(courier), is it acceptable by CIC? Or CIC expects you to actually visit that middle-east country, collect it in person from there and provide it to them?

Or are they asking for online submission(upload) of the PCC once I receive it from that country, no matter how I collect it....over mail or in person visiting the country?

Kindly explain.
You just have to upload colored scanned copy of PCC records. It does not matter how you collect it.

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys I need help!!

Suppose Mr. ABC is born and brought up in Country XYZ (and spend time in two different cities) and remain there till the age of 22.. later moved to country MNO and lived there for 10 years....during his stay in country MNO he visited Country XYZ several times but no single stay was more than 8 weeks....

now my question is MR. ABC needs PCC from both the cities of country XYZ????
and
is it ok if will apply of PCC in country XYZ during his short stay...and since he is not living there anymore (only visiting) how long PCC will remain valid...

Thanks in advance... ;) ;)

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
nabilkhan said:
guys I need help!!

Suppose Mr. ABC is born and brought up in Country XYZ (and spend time in two different cities) and remain there till the age of 22.. later moved to country MNO and lived there for 10 years....during his stay in country MNO he visited Country XYZ several times but no single stay was more than 8 weeks....

now my question is MR. ABC needs PCC from both the cities of country XYZ????
and
is it ok if will apply of PCC in country XYZ during his short stay...and since he is living there anymore (only visiting) how long PCC will remain valid...

Thanks in advance... ;) ;)
You need 1 PCC per country (irrespective of number of cities in each country) where your total stay has been more than 6 months (continuous or non continuous)
1 PCC from the country of your current residence
1 PCC from the country you frequently visit (PCC should be issued after your last visit to that country)

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishalg said:
You need 1 PCC per country (irrespective of number of cities in each country) where your total stay has been more than 6 months (continuous or non continuous)
1 PCC from the country of your current residence
1 PCC from the country you frequently visit (PCC should be issued after your last visit to that country)

thank you for your guidance....
so it means I can get PCC from any city of the country, even from city where I have spend comparatively lesser time????...
after getting PCC if I visit the country again, lets say for 3 days and come back to my country of residence....will the PCC still be valid??

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
nabilkhan said:
thank you for your guidance....
so it means I can get PCC from any city of the country, even from city where I have spend comparatively lesser time????...
after getting PCC if I visit the country again, lets say for 3 days and come back to my country of residence....will the PCC still be valid??
PCC from any city is valid (however, the PCC should not mention any specific address, In India we these PCCs from Passport offices)
If you visit the country again, your PCC will not be valid. Get the PCC and hold on to your visit to that country till you submit your application.

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishalg said:
PCC from any city is valid (however, the PCC should not mention any specific address, In India we these PCCs from Passport offices)
If you visit the country again, your PCC will not be valid. Get the PCC and hold on to your visit to that country till you submit your application.
Copied from CIC website....

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:
•are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
•have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

what I understand from this is that you can get PCC before leaving and it will remain valid for six......

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
What about pcc from my home country should i get it after i leave the country,am residing in a foreign country and planning to go for a vaccation get pcc and come back will it be ok?

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
What about pcc from my home country should i get it after i leave the country,am residing in a foreign country and planning to go for a vaccation get pcc and come back will it be ok?
I visited my home country in the end of 2015 for 4 days, got a PCC 2 days before I left for Canada. And I have never go back there since then. I thought my PCC would be OK. According to the requirements on CIC's website, I need to get a new one...

In your case, I think you can go back to your home country, get pcc and submit your application within 6 month of the issue date of your pcc.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Caesarpy said:
I visited my home country in the end of 2015 for 4 days, got a PCC 2 days before I left for Canada. And I have never go back there since then. I thought my PCC would be OK. According to the requirements on CIC's website, I need to get a new one...

In your case, I think you can go back to your home country, get pcc and submit your application within 6 month of the issue date of your pcc.
I mean if i got pcc stayed for a few days in my home country and then left and submitted my pcc in less than 3 months of its issue date will it be ok

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
I am in Canada currently and have already got my PCC done from India. My wife is travelling to India for a week. Will she have to get a PCC again due to this 1 week vacation? :-\

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Googliya said:
I am in Canada currently and have already got my PCC done from India. My wife is travelling to India for a week. Will she have to get a PCC again due to this 1 week vacation? :-\
If you have already submitted your PR application and obtained AOR, your spouse will not have to submit PCC else new one is definitely required.

Jameszhaoh

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-03-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Makes no difference to your application except for the PCC bit. Where you're applying from is the country of current residence and PCC from there shouldn't be more than 6 months old.
Hi Asivad, thanks for your always helpful replies. Quick question:

After I turned 18 years old, the total days I have lived in China is 164 days, which is about 5.5 months. And I'm preparing a PCC from China's police. Do you think it's a smart move or unnecessary? Thanks again.