+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate Validity

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
This is a quote from CIC's web site:
For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.
I am currently working in Canada under PGWP and just received ITA from the last draw.

I have a police certificate for my home country dated April 2015. In May, I went back for a 2-week vacation visiting my family. Does anyone know if I'll need to re-apply for a new police certificate? I'm not sure if the wording "lived in" includes such sort visits (ie. just any entry to the country at all).

I tried the 1.888.242.2100 number but the call agent could not give me a concrete answer, stating that they do not process EE (which I understand, but assumed they'd at least be able to help with this question). Is there an e-mail alternative for queries like this?

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know for a fact that if you didn't leave for the vacation, your PCC would be valid. I might be wrong on this, but from what I understand is that, if you weren't there for more than 6 month, it should be good.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
limbo said:
This is a quote from CIC's web site:
I am currently working in Canada under PGWP and just received ITA from the last draw.

I have a police certificate for my home country dated April 2015. In May, I went back for a 2-week vacation visiting my family. Does anyone know if I'll need to re-apply for a new police certificate? I'm not sure if the wording "lived in" includes such sort visits (ie. just any entry to the country at all).

I tried the 1.888.242.2100 number but the call agent could not give me a concrete answer, stating that they do not process EE (which I understand, but assumed they'd at least be able to help with this question). Is there an e-mail alternative for queries like this?
Your PCC is still good.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SAJ_ee2015 said:
Your PCC is still good.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
1. I beg to differ, as it is his home country that he returned to., and I read the following For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country. He returned so he would need a new PCC.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. I beg to differ, as it is his home country that he returned to., and I read the following For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country. He returned so he would need a new PCC.
New PCC is required only if he stays there for at least 6 months.

check this link for details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
SAJ_ee2015 said:
New PCC is required only if he stays there for at least 6 months.

check this link for details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
Problem is the wording can also be argued against me. I'll just request for a new one to be on the safe side - would be pissed if my application gets rejected just because of that.

Thanks for the inputs guys!

On a side note, language results are valid for 2 years, correct?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
limbo said:
Problem is the wording can also be argued against me. I'll just request for a new one to be on the safe side - would be pissed if my application gets rejected just because of that.

Thanks for the inputs guys!

On a side note, language results are valid for 2 years, correct?
Yes.

And the PCC rule interpretation is straight forward - Fresh PCC for country of residence if 6 months have elapsed since the date of issue.

For any other country, date of issue of PCC to be AFTER the last time you lived there for 6 months in a row.

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Yes.

And the PCC rule interpretation is straight forward - Fresh PCC for country of residence if 6 months have elapsed since the date of issue.

For any other country, date of issue of PCC to be AFTER the last time you lived there for 6 months in a row.
I just called my high commission, and they themselves invalidated my previous PCC as I went back after it being issued. Just submitted a request for another one.. Oh well..