+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate USA

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
mgnlky said:
I would wait until the last minute to submit my application and request the extension then. The more time you have to get the PCC the better.
Thanks.. makes sense. But will they start processing the application if we submit it early without FBI PCC (of course with LOE)? Will it make any difference to the overall processing time? I just want to time my medicals close to my e-APR so that I don't end up doing it again before landing.

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello,

Can someone tell me where I can get assistance to make sure I get my fingerprints correctly the first time I send it to FBI? I hear that we can send multiple copies of the forms, but I don't want a situation where all of them gets rejected. I saw at another forum that the local police station would help with this. Is this true? I am currently living in Toronto, ON. Does the local poilce assist you with finger prints for multiple copies? Please advise.

Regards
Raghav - a prospective applicant to the Express Entry program from within Canada.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
Thanks.. makes sense. But will they start processing the application if we submit it early without FBI PCC (of course with LOE)? Will it make any difference to the overall processing time? I just want to time my medicals close to my e-APR so that I don't end up doing it again before landing.
I am not sure but they should start processing the application without pcc because criminal background check takes place later in the process.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
mukulabd said:
I am not sure but they should start processing the application without pcc because criminal background check takes place later in the process.
This is a possibility. Because I have seen many timelines where ppr came just few weeks after submitting FBI pcc.

Anyways I'm not sure how many extensions can be requested from them, so just waiting for the first report before applying. Saving the hassle of explanation if my finger prints scans through. If not I'll submit with new application's postal receipt so that I'll be officially telling them that my application reached FBI only on that day and might help me in getting full 60 days time. My invite deadline is April 25.

Ursus Versus

Nov 4, 2016
I left US after college in 2012, and have not lived there since.

Can I start the FBI process now, i.e. before I get ITA? Or I can only do so after receiving ITA? 90 days (12.8 weeks...) don't leave out much headroom if something unexpected comes up to be addressed...

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
You can do now and have it ready before ITA (unless you plan to visit US again in the near future). If you go to US before you get the ITA, you need to do the process again.

manashdeb

Jun 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Does anyone know if we can get PCC from Consulate General of India, New York without visit and what's the process for that?

Also, are below documentations sufficient or something else is also needed?
1. Original Indian Passport
2. US Bank Statement
3. approved L1 petition

MANCHESTERFAN99

Feb 22, 2017
kryt0n said:
Invitations to apply – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Note: You now have 90 days to finish your online application for permanent residence once you are invited to apply. Find out more about the recent changes to Express Entry.

If you are invited to apply for permanent residence, you will need to show proof of the information you gave us in your Express Entry profile. We will refuse your application if the information in your profile is different from what you submitted in your application.

If we invite you to apply, you will get a message in your account telling you:

which program you are invited under, and

Hi I received my ITA on Feb 22 , I am a non US citizen so US FBI PCC will take me 12 - 14 weeks , I knew this so applied three weeks before. Now I got to know I need PCC for my unaccompanying spouse . I have 86 days left . What are my options ?

1)Can I ask the VO for extension as they take 12 - 14 weeks ? OR
2) I decline my ITA and wait for the next draw which will buy me time.

NOTE - Please tell me how to ask for a extension if I need to .
what to do next.

If we find that you misrepresented yourself (gave us false information or left out important details), we will refuse your application. In that case:

your application could be refused,
you could be found inadmissible, and
you could be barred for five years from applying to come to Canada for any reason.

Police certificates

You will need to get police certificates for you and each of your family members who are over 18. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

In some countries, it can take a long time to get police certificates. If you did not start the process to get them before you were invited to apply, you should do this right away, so you can submit them before the 90 days are up.

If you were in the states for a year since you turned 18 you have to get a police check. The whole visa process is a hassle and that attitude is not going to help with the rest of the application process.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
manashdeb said:
Hi,
Does anyone know if we can get PCC from Consulate General of India, New York without visit and what's the process for that?

Also, are below documentations sufficient or something else is also needed?
1. Original Indian Passport
2. US Bank Statement
3. approved L1 petition
Please check this link for pcc.

https://www.indiacgny.org/pages.php?id=77

You need to send them your original passport + notarized copy of pp bio pages + notarized copy of US residency documents like license.

Walle2017

Feb 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
Hi,

Could anyone please help me here.
I lived in USA from 2007 September till 2010 August. And during this time, I have worked in 4 different states and all more than 6 months. Ohio, Texas, NJ and Florida. In the instructions they mentioned that I need to get FBI clearance. Now I want to clarify here, if you have already submitted an application,
Do we ALSO need to get police clearance from each state?

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hi,

Could anyone please help me here.
I lived in USA from 2007 September till 2010 August. And during this time, I have worked in 4 different states and all more than 6 months. Ohio, Texas, NJ and Florida. In the instructions they mentioned that I need to get FBI clearance. Now I want to clarify here, if you have already submitted an application,
Do we ALSO need to get police clearance from each state?
Nope, you just need ONE FBI clearance.

Walle2017

Feb 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
Nope, you just need ONE FBI clearance.
Thanks dannyhcean for your quick response .

Now I am in the express pool. And yet to get an ITA.
We also stayed in Canada for more than 1 year. Do I need to get PCC from Canada as well at this point. Or should I wait for them to ask for it.

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Thanks dannyhcean for your quick response .

Now I am in the express pool. And yet to get an ITA.
We also stayed in Canada for more than 1 year. Do I need to get PCC from Canada as well at this point. Or should I wait for them to ask for it.
I am an outland applicant so I don't need Canadian PCC. Inland people should comment on this. Also if you do a key word search on this forum, I am sure you will get a lot of information on this. good luck!

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all,

My wife and I were in the US for 3 years. My wife did not work and she had an ITIN instead of a SSN. Should I enter the ITIN in the space provided for 'last four digit of SSN'?