Police Certificate translation

bmastc

Jun 21, 2018
Spain
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello all !

I am now starting to prepare my PR application after receiving my ITA on the last round (13th of June).

I have been reading in the forum about translating police certificates and I am still not sure about which option is the safest.

I have 2 police certificates not in English: one from Portugal another one from Spain.
The Portuguese one actually has translations to English in the original document, but I would say it covers around 80% of the contents, so should I still get it translated ?

In both cases, I am confused as to what a certified translator is ? According to the glossary it says "A member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada." Does this mean I have to get my translations done by recognized Canadian translators ? Or is this just the case to avoid having to send an affidavit ? If I get both certificates translated here (I currently live in Spain) using a sworn translator, which provides an affidavit, should be enough right ?

My other question is the same one I have seen repeated a lot of times: do I need to get a certified copy of my PCC and THEN get that copy translated OR is it enough to send a color scanned of the original together with the translation + affidavit, i.e., I can supply the same color scan to the translator ?

Thank you,
Bernardo

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Hi,
Please is affidavit of translation the same as certificate of translation accuracy? I got tge latter from my translator. Advices would be appreciated Thanks.