+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate required even though time spent is not 6 months in a row

alikhan83

Nov 13, 2017
Hi All,

So I came across this issue recently while filling my online application for the express entry. I travelled to Bulgaria for a work assigmenet from Nov 2015 to Apr 2016 however, during this period I travelled a couple of times to my home country. So although the time frame is 6 months, but I have not spent 6 months completely in Bulgaria during this tenure. However the online application requires me to submit a police certificate from Bulgaria which is contrary to the instructions provided by the CIC, who say that it's not required if time spent is not 6 months in a row.

Am I doing something wrong? What should I do?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All,

So I came across this issue recently while filling my online application for the express entry. I travelled to Bulgaria for a work assigmenet from Nov 2015 to Apr 2016 however, during this period I travelled a couple of times to my home country. So although the time frame is 6 months, but I have not spent 6 months completely in Bulgaria during this tenure. However the online application requires me to submit a police certificate from Bulgaria which is contrary to the instructions provided by the CIC, who say that it's not required if time spent is not 6 months in a row.

Am I doing something wrong? What should I do?
Travelling to your home country for short periods of time is insufficient to change your residence status in Bulgaria. Get the certificate, as IRCC would probably demand it anyway.