+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate required? Checklist says 'multiple'

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
I'm just uploading my files for the last part of application for PR via FSW.

I notice that in my checklist, the police certificate says 'Police Certificates (multiple)'

But as far as I'm aware, I only need the one for the UK which is where I've lived since I was 1 years old. I've been to Hong Kong but for under 6 months, and I was born in Hong Kong, but I left when I was one. I do have Hong Kong citizenship and passport because I was born there. But not lived there for more than 6 months.
But why is CIC saying I need multiple certificates? Do I need one for Hong Kong for being a citizen, but not having lived there for more than 6months?
In my application Ive filled out I have both UK and Hong Kong citizenship, but reside in Scotland.
Is this a mistake with CIC?

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
what did you do, did you just submit the one you lived in more than 6 months and leave any other that you don't need?

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I am just submitting one from US, if asked from india , I will get that later from Indian Embassy in NY and submit that. I am not beating my head over this little one

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
There are quite a few that ask for "multiple" in my case including police certificate.
Also just using one PCC as my Masters was entirely online

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
So I should be okay with just submitting the UK police certificate and forget about trying to get one for Hong Kong?
Whats a PCC?

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miss_mp said:
So I should be okay with just submitting the UK police certificate and forget about trying to get one for Hong Kong?
Whats a PCC?
Multiple is generic term probably used on all EE profiles. Mine says multiple too, and there is no reason to.

PCC = Police Clearance Certificate

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
That's good to know. Though I thought these checklists were supposed to be personalised depending on what we put in our application -since its asks for multiple passports on mine since I have dual citizenship. I wonder if they add multiple if it recognises you've put down multiple citizenships or passports.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miss_mp said:
That's good to know. Though I thought these checklists were supposed to be personalised depending on what we put in our application -since its asks for multiple passports on mine since I have dual citizenship. I wonder if they add multiple if it recognises you've put down multiple citizenships or passports.
Mine also asks multiple passports and I only have one citizenship.

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
CIC really does make things quite confusing :( I think I'll attach a note to my police certificate upload to explain just in case.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
alex_dinou said:
Mine also asks multiple passports and I only have one citizenship.
Me too! I was worried for a minute. I guess they need to explain things better and not have people confused.

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Yup, its been a whole steep learning curve and confusion with quite a lot of things. But glad to get advice from others on here.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Mine also said multiple for no readon. It might just be what it always says, no matter what the particulars of your case are.