+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate requested during citizenship interview... unable to deliver mail(DHL)

ammy2000

Mar 6, 2018
Hello All,
I scored 20/20 on test and interview went well but the lady asked police clearance certificate from Pakistan (I have more than 183 days absence combined in the last 4 years of my submission date, somehow I missed it as assumed it is 183 in 1 calendar year)
Gave me 30 days to submit the certificate and I got it mailed directly to Edmonton Citizenship office :
260- 9700 Jasper Ave NW

Today, DHL tired to deliver my police certificate at 2:15 pm but the status was updated with unable to deliver as the office was closed. I called DHL and they told me that we can update the timings and will re-try to delivered at time desired by me. Now I am not sure in which time window it should be delivered as there is no phone number or email that I can reachout edmonton citizenship office at?
Appreciate, if anyone could help advise on mail delivery timings for Edmonton citizenship office and have someone faced such scenario ?

Thank you in advance.

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hello,
I had a similar instance, not in Edmonton though. I sent my police certificate with Canada Post and had a tracking number however for some reason, Canada post lost track of my package. Not fun! With all the stress and the waiting and you have only 30 days to deliver the documents. I called CIC and they confirmed receipt of papers (apparently, the Canada post agent as Canada post explained later, failed to scan the document once it was received). So my advice to you is call CIC and explain the situation, they might be helpful.
Best of luck, you're almost there