+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate (PCC) from Punjab , India

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Dear All,

Do i need to get PCC from passport office or Local police station as i lived in 3 different address from last 10 years in Punjab.

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Thanks ! I already applied through Passport office but I was little worried as my verification for PCC done by police and one of the police man said to apply from Local police station as it clearly mentioned the period of your stay .

kseekba27

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
I have read on other threads..folks suggested that PCC from PSK is the best option. However, donot take my word as final.

Experienced Folks pleases share your thoughts.
Appreciate your help!

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Dear All,

Do i need to get PCC from passport office or Local police station as i lived in 3 different address from last 10 years in Punjab.
Yes. You have to get it from Passport Suvidha Kendra / Passport Office. You will need 3-4 passport-size photos, one self declaration stating why you need PCC, passport xerox copies and one more identity proof usually Aadhar card and fees + bribe to the official and police employees.
The application will be submitted in the PSK/PO, which will then be redirected to your local police station. You don't need to do anything on that. From police station, they might take some bribe and eventually sign the letter.
The physical letter will be returned to the PSK/PO from where you can collect after giving some more congratulatory bribe to the officer for getting the PCC done.
The digital copy will be uploaded in the police website for you to download.
The whole process will take 1-2 weeks max.

kaur3180

Apr 26, 2018
Hi Everyone, Can we get the Police Clearance Certificate from a local police station in Punjab.

The cic website states the following:

How to get a police certificate:
Name of document(s) to get: Police Clearance Certificate

If you are a citizen of India:
If you live in India:

For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your district.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local district police station or online on the Delhi Police website. The website will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local district police station.

For all residents of India: You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport office on the Passport India website. The website will list what information and documents you need.

If you live outside of India:
You can apply at your nearest Indian embassy or consulate.

If you are not a citizen of India:
If you live in India:
You can apply at your local district police station.

Thanks in advance,
Kiran

vpsw

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Everyone, Can we get the Police Clearance Certificate from a local police station in Punjab.

The cic website states the following:

How to get a police certificate:
Name of document(s) to get: Police Clearance Certificate

If you are a citizen of India:
If you live in India:

For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your district.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local district police station or online on the Delhi Police website. The website will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local district police station.

For all residents of India: You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport office on the Passport India website. The website will list what information and documents you need.

If you live outside of India:
You can apply at your nearest Indian embassy or consulate.

If you are not a citizen of India:
If you live in India:
You can apply at your local district police station.

Thanks in advance,
Kiran
Hi All need urgent help, I am in process of sponsoring my wife , referring to the post I clearly remember reading this information on Canada.ca that "For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your district."

However No I just can't seem to find it, When we go to "How to get a pcc" on Canada.ca then it simply asks to apply on the passport website.

Is there someone who knows where the information can be found so that I am convinced that PCC from SSP is good enough otherwise will have to apply afresh.

Another ques the PCC from SSP office that I have for my spouse is dated 31st May 2019, If I am submiting my application on 15th Sep 2019 then I am sure I can use this PCC, whatever I have researched online I feel it is valid for 6 months. please help

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi All need urgent help, I am in process of sponsoring my wife , referring to the post I clearly remember reading this information on Canada.ca that "For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your district."

However No I just can't seem to find it, When we go to "How to get a pcc" on Canada.ca then it simply asks to apply on the passport website.

Is there someone who knows where the information can be found so that I am convinced that PCC from SSP is good enough otherwise will have to apply afresh.

Another ques the PCC from SSP office that I have for my spouse is dated 31st May 2019, If I am submiting my application on 15th Sep 2019 then I am sure I can use this PCC, whatever I have researched online I feel it is valid for 6 months. please help
It would be better if you get it from PSK.

In case, you never lived at any other place than your district then apply from local SSP Office otherwise you have to get it from every SSP Office at places you lived more than six months. I guess that would be hectic approach.

PCC from Passport Office stands for whole country and is in format required by CIC. There are some cases when applications were refused because of PCC from local SSP Office. If your passport is issued recently then you might skip Police Verification and also in scenario your address is consistent as per passport.

I applied for PCC through RPO Chandigarh and was issued in 15 minutes.

Asharmaa

Mar 22, 2019
It would be better if you get it from PSK.

In case, you never lived at any other place than your district then apply from local SSP Office otherwise you have to get it from every SSP Office at places you lived more than six months. I guess that would be hectic approach.

PCC from Passport Office stands for whole country and is in format required by CIC. There are some cases when applications were refused because of PCC from local SSP Office. If your passport is issued recently then you might skip Police Verification and also in scenario your address is consistent as per passport.

I applied for PCC through RPO Chandigarh and was issued in 15 minutes.
Did you apply online or just walk in? I am trying to get an appointment and all available ones are after a month.

amritpal2489

Nov 19, 2021
Did you apply online or just walk in? I am trying to get an appointment and all available ones are after a month.
There is no walkin.. You need to take an appointment online. I will suggest not to wait and take the latest available appointment as the availability changes very fast