+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate (PCC) from India

Mar 10, 2024
Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well. I need help. I have been working in Taiwan since 2022. I received a postdoc offer from the University of Alberta and applied for a Canadian work permit on December 15, 2023, from Taiwan. Biometrics were completed on December 19, and the medical examination passed on January 5, 2024. Since then, I have only seen changes in the tracker on February 13, where eligibility became 'completed.' On March 7, 2024, IRCC sent me a message to upload a police certificate from India. Kindly, please help me by providing the following information.

I checked the options and learned that a police certificate can be obtained via the Indian embassy here, although it takes more than 2-3 weeks. However, as my family is living back in India, they went to the district police headquarters, and they informed that I can get the police certificate within 7 days from there. I want to know if I get it from the district police headquarters and they don't mention any period or dates on the police certificate, and give a general statement like 'I have no criminal background, etc.,' will that work? Also, the address in my passport is different from my permanent address in India. However, I saw in some threads that if the certificate does not mention any specific period, then it will work. Kindly, please let me know as I have limited time on my hands. IRCC has asked me to submit the certificate within 30 days.

Also, can you please tell me if this is the last step, as others have already passed in the GC tracker? Can I expect a decision soon after successfully submitting the police certificate?

Please share your experience or suggestions. Thanks in advance!