itsns

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
submitted
I am currently in Canada, during my restoration period. I am going to apply for a student permit in the next week. But I have received a ITA, I do not know what to do for the Police Verification from India.

I tried doing it from India, but they said they need a stamp of Consulate on my Passport Copy and letter stating I need PCC.
But when I emailed Consulate they say they can only issue PCC if I have a valid Canadian document..

I do not know what to do, as I wont be in a valid status for two months and I have only two months to apply. I am really getting frustrated as it is ridiculous that in order to get a background check I need a valid status here!!!?? ?

itsns

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
submitted
Does no one here have any suggestions or help?

I am really at a loss of words and no idea of what to do

SUSANJJ

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hello,
i am also in the same situation.i am on implied status and waiting to receive ITA. But as far as i am thinking, go to a immigration lawyer and ask suggestions.
my idea is make a declaration letter about your situations with lawyers help and get the letter notarized.If you have any old PCC before from India attach that too.Mention in the letter that after i left india ,i did not go back like that.If not, show your honesty by writing a good letter. They are also humanbeings rt,they can understand it.Do it with prayers.Please tell me if it work out.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you went to the passport center to get your PCC, thats why they are asking for a stamp on your passport. The stamp proves that Police Verification has been dont in written before issuing the passport.

Please ask a family member to go to the Police Comissioner of your City and request it from them. send the family member an email requesting the PCC and the detailed reason why you need it. If the family member can print that email , you're job would be done, i guess!

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsns said:
I am currently in Canada, during my restoration period. I am going to apply for a student permit in the next week. But I have received a ITA, I do not know what to do for the Police Verification from India.

I tried doing it from India, but they said they need a stamp of Consulate on my Passport Copy and letter stating I need PCC.
But when I emailed Consulate they say they can only issue PCC if I have a valid Canadian document..

I do not know what to do, as I wont be in a valid status for two months and I have only two months to apply. I am really getting frustrated as it is ridiculous that in order to get a background check I need a valid status here!!!?? ?
You cannot get your PCC done from India? With new system they have in place, you will be able to get it in 2 weeks. Go to Police Commissionaire office and ask them the procedure. Simple way is go to state courts and ask the notaries there for the procedure. It is just one day work nowadays.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How old can the pcc from india be? I got mine in jan end

itsns

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
submitted
My Parents went to the commissioner to get it done, they need the embassy to issue a letter/ stamp on my passport to prove I was living here.
I Do not know what to do I feel so helpless

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
tdot_guy said:
How old can the pcc from india be? I got mine in jan end
3 months. So you can submit it until the end of April.

Neeths

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8th
AOR Received.
June 8th
Med's Done....
May 15th
I had the same situation! I am in Canada and I wanted PCC. I sent my dad to our SP office in India. They gave him an application form. He scanned it and sent it to me. I filled it and sent it back to him. He submitted that to them. Later, an officer from near by police station came for a check and my PCC got issued on the next working day!

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsns said:
My Parents went to the commissioner to get it done, they need the embassy to issue a letter/ stamp on my passport to prove I was living here.
I Do not know what to do I feel so helpless
Can't u send an empowerment to your parents authorizing them to request your PCC?
Also, why do you have to mention you need the PCC for Canada?

itsns

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
submitted
Neeths said:
I had the same situation! I am in Canada and I wanted PCC. I sent my dad to our SP office in India. They gave him an application form. He scanned it and sent it to me. I filled it and sent it back to him. He submitted that to them. Later, an officer from near by police station came for a check and my PCC got issued on the next working day!
Were you on restoration ?
Or were you having a valid permit here in Canada? Also didnt they ask for the valid work permit from here or any proof you are here?
strange I did the same but they told my parents they need some proof I am here.

itsns

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
submitted
katja2684 said:
Can't u send an empowerment to your parents authorizing them to request your PCC?
Also, why do you have to mention you need the PCC for Canada?
Did that, I do not know if they are just acting tough with my parents?
I had to mention that since I am required to be present and also it asks on their form - FOR WHICH COUNTRY and PURPOSE

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was asking you about the empowerment because that's how I got my PCC and I assumed it works the same way for other countries as well, especially if you get the empowerment at the embassy.