+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate not in Document Checklist

viks1303

May 31, 2018
Hey all!

I recently filled out all the questionnaires and got to the Document Checklist stage. However, I noticed the Police Certificate isn't on the Supporting Documents in the checklist. I know that it is required for the application.

I'll need the original letter from the Canadian Consulate General to request a police certificate but that's nowhere be found, unfortunately.
Is anyone else experiencing this? Did I fill in something wrong in the application?

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

viks1303

May 31, 2018
What are you applying for? Not every application requires a police certificate. I'd attach the form, but attachments are permitted on this forum, but here's the URL:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/pc_lettera_e.pdf
Thanks so much for your reply! I'm applying for Permanent residency under EE. I was under the impression Express Entry applications require a police certificate. Please correct me if I'm wrong! Thanks :)

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
EE applications require a police clearance for everywhere you've lived (except Canada) for 6 consecutive months or more since you turned 18. Some people don't meet that criterion for anywhere except Canada . . .

Reactions: viks1303

viks1303

May 31, 2018
EE applications require a police clearance for everywhere you've lived (except Canada) for 6 consecutive months or more since you turned 18. Some people don't meet that criterion for anywhere except Canada . . .
Interesting, I did live in my own country for more than 6 months after I turned 18.. Weird that they're not asking for it :confused: