+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

Nov 25, 2020
Hello ,

I have submitted my PR application last month and just received a request letter from IRCC to initiate the process for Mexico PCC . I need the "case processing center" to request a police certificate for Mexico as per guidelines stated in link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html .

Snippet from above link :
"The following information about your file:
  • your file number
  • the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed
  • your full name and date of birth "

However, I can't find the CPC info on any of the documents that IRCC has sent me. Where can I find this information?

I applied for PR online through Express Entry under Canadian Experience Class .

I reside in Montreal , Quebec

Thanks in Advance

ren87

Nov 20, 2020
Hi @nisatheeshsaran

I have the same doubt, i got my ITA for PR through EE under CEC too and i cant find the CPC for my application.
I read that it could be the Sydney CPC or Ottawa CPC.

hope someone can answer our questions, Im asking in different groups so if i know something ill let you know

Nov 25, 2020
Hi ren87,
Please let me know if you get to know .Thanks

Hi All,
Can someone also please advice on the below question .

What should we upload in the CIC portal for Mexico PCC ? As per the guidelines in IRCC website , It is mentioned that Canada embassy from Mexico will send/upload the PCC directly to IRCC and we don't get any copy of it ..

Thanks in advance

Nov 25, 2020
Hi there ,
Just to close this thread , I spoke to IRCC customer care agent and got the following clarified .

1.Case processing centre is CPC Ottawa ( for my application)

2.Canada embassy in Mexico will upload the PCC directly in IRCC portal once it is completed and application status would get changed from "Your action is required" to a new status .

Regards ,

Reactions: amgra

ren87

Nov 20, 2020
Hi there ,
Just to close this thread , I spoke to IRCC customer care agent and got the following clarified .

1.Case processing centre is CPC Ottawa ( for my application)

2.Canada embassy in Mexico will upload the PCC directly in IRCC portal once it is completed and application status would get changed from "Your action is required" to a new status .

Regards ,
Hi @nisatheeshsaran after i called the CICC and emailed the embassy they told me to just attach a copy of my ITA invitation. we dont have a CPC, because we haven't submitted the documents yet.

hope it helps you

ren87

Nov 20, 2020
@nisatheeshsaran any news about your process?
i sent my documents to the embassy of Canada in Mexico but I haven't heard from them (so i dont know if they send my docs to the FGR)

Aug 30, 2021
Hi Guys,
Whoever requires the police certificate from Mexico I know a person who can do it. She did it for me and it only takes 10 business days max to get it. She is located in Mexico City and can do it way more easier and faster. I know through the embassy is taking 4-6months to hear back from them and sometimes there’s a miscommunication between the embassy and IRCC if the certificate has been uploaded or not. Let me know if you guys are interested and can give her contact.

MRodriguez

Dec 2, 2021
@Daniella Rodriguez
Hello

For what you are mentioning, did you need an extra letter for the Mexican authorities in Spanish or the letter in English from the Canadian government asking for the background check is enough?

I have someone who is helping me with this but I dont know about this last document. I have everything else.

thnks

Dingo2021

Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
@Daniella Rodriguez
Hello

For what you are mentioning, did you need an extra letter for the Mexican authorities in Spanish or the letter in English from the Canadian government asking for the background check is enough?

I have someone who is helping me with this but I dont know about this last document. I have everything else.

thnks
You need a letter in Spanish from either the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, or a Mexican consulate in Canada, where they make the request for your Constancia de datos registrales to the FGR. The letter IRCC sent you requesting your police certificate cannot be used.

If you want to request it from the Canadian embassy, email them at MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca. Make sure you provide your full name, application #, UCI #, and the city and state in Mexico where the request will be made.

If you decide to request it from the consulate (depending on your location), look up the information on their website.

In my case, I simply sent them an email and they called back within an hour to confirm the appointment day and time. At the consulate, they provided the letter and also collected my fingerprints. This was quite convenient. They were very helpful. I also recommend doing it through the consulate because you can send the original request letter along with the required documents from Canada. Not too sure how it works if you do it through the Canadian embassy, or if you need the original request letter or a copy is sufficient. I hope this helps. Good luck!

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
You need a letter in Spanish from either the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, or a Mexican consulate in Canada, where they make the request for your Constancia de datos registrales to the FGR. The letter IRCC sent you requesting your police certificate cannot be used.

If you want to request it from the Canadian embassy, email them at MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca. Make sure you provide your full name, application #, UCI #, and the city and state in Mexico where the request will be made.

If you decide to request it from the consulate (depending on your location), look up the information on their website.

In my case, I simply sent them an email and they called back within an hour to confirm the appointment day and time. At the consulate, they provided the letter and also collected my fingerprints. This was quite convenient. They were very helpful. I also recommend doing it through the consulate because you can send the original request letter along with the required documents from Canada. Not too sure how it works if you do it through the Canadian embassy, or if you need the original request letter or a copy is sufficient. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Did they accept it like that? The Website makes it sound like you have to go through the Canada embassy in Mexico