+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Italy

vacquoy

Apr 24, 2017
My husband worked in Italy for more than six months and needs a police certificate from Italy.

It is a lot of hassle as he is not living there, nor do we have quick access or any connections in Italy.

We contacted the Procura della Roma directly to receive the certificates, but upon a double check on the CIC website I saw this:

Special notes and considerations
Do I need to provide a police certificate for Express Entry?

Yes. If you are Invited to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence, you need to upload a police certificate in your Electronic Application for Permanent Residence (e-APR). Please follow the instructions above to get your police certificate.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.​

However, we received the certificates in the mail today. They are in Italian, not English.

Do we need to reapply for the certificates in any other way?

If not, do we need to get the Italian certificates translated to English?

Thanks for your help!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband worked in Italy for more than six months and needs a police certificate from Italy.

It is a lot of hassle as he is not living there, nor do we have quick access or any connections in Italy.

We contacted the Procura della Roma directly to receive the certificates, but upon a double check on the CIC website I saw this:

Special notes and considerations
Do I need to provide a police certificate for Express Entry?

Yes. If you are Invited to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence, you need to upload a police certificate in your Electronic Application for Permanent Residence (e-APR). Please follow the instructions above to get your police certificate.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.​

However, we received the certificates in the mail today. They are in Italian, not English.

Do we need to reapply for the certificates in any other way?

If not, do we need to get the Italian certificates translated to English?

Thanks for your help!

1 - As long as you received the "Certificate of outstanding criminal proceedings and a Certificate from the Judicial Records Register" you are good to go.

2 - Yes, anything not in English must be translated.

hagun527

Oct 18, 2018
1 - As long as you received the "Certificate of outstanding criminal proceedings and a Certificate from the Judicial Records Register" you are good to go.

2 - Yes, anything not in English must be translated.
hello, where can i get these two documents?