23-Mar-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
File Transfer...
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
17-Apr-2015
Dear All,

Please help me to apply for police certificate.

I understand its a mandatory document that we need to attach along with PR application for canada.
so, heres my story first,
I stayed in India until i was 25 years old.
then i started visiting various countries like NL, France, UAE, UK, Qatar etc. although, I visited UK many times, once, I stayed in UK-scotland for roughly 6 months during 2009-10.
then from 2011 onwards I shifted from India to Bahrain & I have Bahrain RP now.

So, heres my Question.
Do I need Police certificate for India?
Do I need Police certificate for UK?, can i skip this? and ignore the fact that once i stayed roughly 6 months.
Do I need Bahrain Police certificate? - I am almost certain for this, that i do need this.

So, can you please advice. Since, Now, i donot have any contacts/friends left in UK i dont want to go into that direction, so what if I dont include the police certificate for UK along with my PR application?

experianced people pls help me and suggest. your best advice is really appreciated.

regards,
workinghard-tomy

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
India = yes.
You will almost certainly need a UK PCC, based on the fact that you are not sure exactly how close to 6 months you spent there. As you have been there multiple times, they might have requested one anyway.
Bahrain = yes.

Biborno

Apr 3, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0631 (MI 2)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-08-2014
hardworkpays said:
Dear All,

Please help me to apply for police certificate.

I understand its a mandatory document that we need to attach along with PR application for canada.
so, heres my story first,
I stayed in India until i was 25 years old.
then i started visiting various countries like NL, France, UAE, UK, Qatar etc. although, I visited UK many times, once, I stayed in UK-scotland for roughly 6 months during 2009-10.
then from 2011 onwards I shifted from India to Bahrain & I have Bahrain RP now.

So, heres my Question.
Do I need Police certificate for India?
Do I need Police certificate for UK?, can i skip this? and ignore the fact that once i stayed roughly 6 months.
Do I need Bahrain Police certificate? - I am almost certain for this, that i do need this.

So, can you please advice. Since, Now, i donot have any contacts/friends left in UK i dont want to go into that direction, so what if I dont include the police certificate for UK along with my PR application?

experianced people pls help me and suggest. your best advice is really appreciated.

regards,
workinghard-tomy
Hi,

For India definitely YES
For UK, if you definitely not roughly lived in the UK for 6 months or more than YES otherwise NO
For Bahrain, same as the UK if you definitely not roughly lived in the Bahrain for 6 months or more than YES otherwise NO

If you don't include UK Police certificate still you can apply but problem is when CIC will do your background check than they will discover that you have lived in the UK, than they will ask explanation for that which will effect your application by resulting delay.

Regards,
Biborno

hardworkpays

May 8, 2014
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-14
Doc's Request.
CC charged 25-Nov-2014
Nomination.....
PER-22-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
23-Mar-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
17-Apr-2015
Hi, Biborno, & Zardoz,

thanks for reply.

out of curiosity, how CIC do background checking regarding the country visited & stayed.
I mean how will they come to know how many countries i have visited & for what time. because i myself dont remember now that in past 7 years, how many countries i have visited for how many times & stayed for how long...

because if they don't know how and what they will ask!

can experienced & veteran members help?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
hardworkpays said:
Hi, Biborno, & Zardoz,

thanks for reply.

out of curiosity, how CIC do background checking regarding the country visited & stayed.
I mean how will they come to know how many countries i have visited & for what time. because i myself dont remember now that in past 7 years, how many countries i have visited for how many times & stayed for how long...

because if they don't know how and what they will ask!

can experienced & veteran members help?
It's your responsibility to declare any significant travel. A couple of weeks vacation in China wouldn't be an issue for example, but 2 months in North Korea would be a "biggie". Anywhere that has ANY significant links to terrorism, human rights violations or organised crime should be admitted to. Use your best judgement.

Also assume that CSIS has access to more information than you might think. There are cross government links in the security services that may be used to find out about a person. For example, assume that the "five eyes" countries, of which Canada is one, have detailed information from the other members. Needless to say, you will not find any information on CSIS/CIC/CBSA websites about the process, and even the GCMS notes have all the security related sections redacted.

If you, in the eyes of CIC, try to "hide" a visit, and they find out using their special magic, you are looking at a two year ban for misrepresentation.

Be diligent in your form filling. Use whatever you and your family, friends, co-workers can remember to assist you. You may be asked to "prove" that you were in a particular place at a particular time.

hardworkpays

May 8, 2014
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-14
Doc's Request.
CC charged 25-Nov-2014
Nomination.....
PER-22-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
23-Mar-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
17-Apr-2015
zardoz said:
Zardor thanks for reply.

I never visited North Korea!, nor Iran or Russia or Iraq or any country that might offense western allies!! its all business trips.
of-course, I was never convicted or arrested, i had never-even spoken to a police in any country.
so, even if CIC do they checks, whatsoever may be, they are not going to find any thing like an offense....they are free to do checks....

now its a little more confusing, what all shd i declare and where.....unfortunately , in my case the international trips were so many, and that too to many countries.....
for example i had UK work permit from 2007 to 2010....for 4 years....and i visited many times and stayed there for varying periods of time......shd i declare all this?.....
because gathering all that past details would be nightmare.....its not like that i want to hide anything. but just that doing all this would make my life like a hell....

pls advice...

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
We need to show short international travels also?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Agreed, it's not easy. If you had a work permit for the UK, that at least clears up the need to supply a UK PCC.

We ALL have to go through this looking back process. I had to go back nearly 35 years for my forms as London decided that the "last 10 years" didn't apply to them. They rejected my initial submission and demanded a new form "from the age of 18".

You just have to do your best and make value judgements about what is relevant... More than that, I really can't advise.

@ ttrajan, I didn't for less than a month, whether it was working abroad or vacation. 35 Years of that would have been impossible as there was no paper-trail. I never intended to immigrate, so never kept any records of travel. Even my own country's security services didn't want this level of detail on my history.. '

hardworkpays

May 8, 2014
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-14
Doc's Request.
CC charged 25-Nov-2014
Nomination.....
PER-22-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
23-Mar-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
17-Apr-2015
thanks.
so, that means since i had the Work permit for UK, i must provide a UK PCC.
Ok, i will do that process.

im in Bahrain, can Bahrain's UK embassy can be of any help in this regards?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
hardworkpays said:
thanks.
so, that means since i had the Work permit for UK, i must provide a UK PCC.
Ok, i will do that process.

im in Bahrain, can Bahrain's UK embassy can be of any help in this regards?
No. Follow the procedure here -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.asp There is no other way. It's easy and painless. Just follow the instructions.

Buraira

May 3, 2017
I would like to inquire that I lived in the UK from 2013 - 2015 on a student visa and while I was coming back, I brought the Police Certificate which was created on the date of 29/05/2019 and this is the day I landed back in my country.

After that, I only went to the UK to attend my graduation and stayed there for 10 days. I want to ask that can I use my old Police Certificate or do I need a new one again?

QUOTE="zardoz, post: 3117860, member: 403013"]Agreed, it's not easy. If you had a work permit for the UK, that at least clears up the need to supply a UK PCC.

We ALL have to go through this looking back process. I had to go back nearly 35 years for my forms as London decided that the "last 10 years" didn't apply to them. They rejected my initial submission and demanded a new form "from the age of 18".

You just have to do your best and make value judgements about what is relevant... More than that, I really can't advise.

@ ttrajan, I didn't for less than a month, whether it was working abroad or vacation. 35 Years of that would have been impossible as there was no paper-trail. I never intended to immigrate, so never kept any records of travel. Even my own country's security services didn't want this level of detail on my history.. '[/QUOTE]