+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate from the Netherlands

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

I have a question about the police certificate from the Netherlands.

Can someone please tell me roughly what is stated on the VOG when you receive it. What are the Justis checking for and reporting?

I moved out of the Netherlands in 2015 but I don't remember if I de-registered at the gemeente.. Will this be an issue?
I was always of good conduct graduating top of my class as an international student. But I moved out of the country at 20 years old, still very young and wasn't aware of the requirement to deregister myself at the gemeente before leaving.

Can someone please advise if this is counted as a criminal record?

Please help!!!! :)

consh1985

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Hi all,

I have a question about the police certificate from the Netherlands.

Can someone please tell me roughly what is stated on the VOG when you receive it. What are the Justis checking for and reporting?

I moved out of the Netherlands in 2015 but I don't remember if I de-registered at the gemeente.. Will this be an issue?
I was always of good conduct graduating top of my class as an international student. But I moved out of the country at 20 years old, still very young and wasn't aware of the requirement to deregister myself at the gemeente before leaving.

Can someone please advise if this is counted as a criminal record?

Please help!!!! :)
Usually the gemeente will de-register you automatically. I forgot to do that when I left the country, but they did it themselves. It's just an administrative thing, nothing to do with immigration. I called them and was informed that I was not registered anymore... so I had to request the VOG directly from Justis (Justice Department). In terms of immigration, what's most important is that you inform the IND (immigration) that you left the country. In my case, the University did that with all int'l students at the end of the term.

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Usually the gemeente will de-register you automatically. I forgot to do that when I left the country, but they did it themselves. It's just an administrative thing, nothing to do with immigration. I called them and was informed that I was not registered anymore... so I had to request the VOG directly from Justis (Justice Department). In terms of immigration, what's most important is that you inform the IND (immigration) that you left the country. In my case, the University did that with all int'l students at the end of the term.
Thank you so much for your response!!!
I was panicking a lot that I didn't think about the university informing the gemeente that I was no longer a student.

Thanks a lot :)

consh1985

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Thank you so much for your response!!!
I was panicking a lot that I didn't think about the university informing the gemeente that I was no longer a student.

Thanks a lot :)
Just to be clear, my University did NOT inform the gemeente (municipality). What the University did was inform the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Netherlands). The gemeente is the municipality of the town where you lived, and has nothing to do with immigration, visas, etc. What you could do is to check if you (or your university) informed the IND that you were leaving the country. You had an exit deadline I presume, right?