+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from Singapore

shinobi_89

Oct 8, 2016
I sent an email to Singapore police to ask whether the ITA as a proof is sufficient for getting the Police certificate. Their reply can be seen below

Dear Sir/Madam

We refer to your preceding email regarding the Certificate of Clearance (COC).

The Invitation to Apply letter is not suffice.
• An official request letter from the Canadian Immigration Department bearing your full name and/or file number which states that you need to obtain a COC or police clearance from our office.
We do not accept checklist, application forms, request letter from law firms and immigration agencies.
Applying on behalf or using someone else’s letter of request will not be accepted.

Now my question is where can I get this letter from? I called the Canadian embassy and they said they don't deal with immigration matters. Kindly suggest where can are my options? The clock is ticking since I got my ITA 10 days ago. People with similar experience are welcome to reply.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shinobi_89 said:
I sent an email to Singapore police to ask whether the ITA as a proof is sufficient for getting the Police certificate. Their reply can be seen below

Dear Sir/Madam

• An official request letter from the Canadian Immigration Department bearing your full name and/or file number which states that you need to obtain a COC or police clearance from our office.
We do not accept checklist, application forms, request letter from law firms and immigration agencies.
Applying on behalf or using someone else’s letter of request will not be accepted.

Now my question is where can I get this letter from? I called the Canadian embassy and they said they don't deal with immigration matters. Kindly suggest where can are my options? The clock is ticking since I got my ITA 10 days ago. People with similar experience are welcome to reply.
I got CoC using ITA letter for both me and my wife

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
shinobi_89 said:

Dear Sir/Madam

For Singapore PCC, try to apply with the ITA letter. If not, CIC suggested procedure is submit you documents, get AOR. While submitting documents, in the PCC section, for Singapore write a letter and upload. See text from CIC website below, Once they review all your documents they will send the formal letter which you use for PCC application. Please remember to upload separate letters for you and spouse in the relevant placeholders.

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

Dodobujki

Jul 19, 2020
I got CoC using ITA letter for both me and my wife
Hi did CIC get back to you asking for a fresh COC? May I know the difference in days between COC date and date of submission? Iheard the date in COC is the day of approval and not fingerprint