September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Hello ,
Little confused, feel the instructions of obtaining a PCC are a little contradicting on cic website. Do I wait until after submission of my documents or request now the letter from Canadian embassy ?
Feedback appreciated

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you currently residing in Saudi Arabia? My reply depends upon your answer to my question.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omidahomie said:
Hello ,
Little confused, feel the instructions of obtaining a PCC are a little contradicting on cic website. Do I wait until after submission of my documents or request now the letter from Canadian embassy ?
Feedback appreciated
Some countries, including Saudi Arabia do not issue the PCC if you left the country.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MZASAM said:
Some countries, including Saudi Arabia do not issue the PCC if you left the country.
Exactly MZASAM, you are right about this. I was not able to get Saudi PCC myself and my case was supported by CIC website. They have clearly stated on their site that they don't require PCC from Saudia if one is not a resident of Saudi.

confused_aj

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
A police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail after your application for Permanent Residence has been received. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If they approve you, the letter will give you the address to the police headquarters where you must go and apply in person.
The instructions are clear to me.
1. You will need a police certificate request letter from CIC and they will issue it to you once they receive your application.
2. Take the letter to the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs for endorsement, it is done on the spot and you pay a small fee (I think it was about 20-30 riyals last couple years ago).
3. Once the letter is endorsed, take it and go to the police headquarter where they will scan your fingerprints and you will get the police certificate usually within a week or so.

So what to do when you are filling up the application? CIC says:
When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Hi Guys, thanks for Your responses and yes I do live in Saudi.
So should I submit my application and then wait for the police request letter or should I go
Ahead and request that from the Canadian embassy instead ?

Donakinzo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
Doc's Request.
30/09/2016 & 12/10/2016
Nomination.....
26 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
12 Nov 2016
File Transfer...
23-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
7 Nov 2016
confused_aj said:
1. You will need a police certificate request letter from CIC and they will issue it to you once they receive your application.
2. Take the letter to the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs for endorsement, it is done on the spot and you pay a small fee (I think it was about 20-30 riyals last couple years ago).
3. Once the letter is endorsed, take it and go to the police headquarter where they will scan your fingerprints and you will get the police certificate usually within a week or so.

Hey,

I am based in Saudi Arabia and I can explain the process as it applies. If you are interested PM me you mobile number and i will explain.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omidahomie said:
Hi Guys, thanks for Your responses and yes I do live in Saudi.
So should I submit my application and then wait for the police request letter or should I go
Ahead and request that from the Canadian embassy instead ?
If you are residing in Saudia, the you do need a letter from CIC. Only then you can start the process of getting the police certificate from Saudia.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raza:

We shared our knowledge and the IRCC requirement is quite categorical on the website. It's up to the applicant to follow or ignore.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MZASAM said:
Raza:

We shared our knowledge and the IRCC requirement is quite categorical on the website. It's up to the applicant to follow or ignore.
Agreed MZASAM

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
MZASAM said:
Raza:

You didn't share any knowledge your friend did, and the whole idea about being on this forum is to provide feedback :) . So to clarify I'll wait for after submission to receive the request letter because you could request it before hand by the Canadian embassy as well, and which is what some others wrote on another thread here .

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Donakinzo

Y don't you share the process here as this way others will get benefit from it.

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
confused_aj said:

So then don't request it from the Canadian embassy but only CIC post submission will provide ?

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Ascent said:
@Donakinzo

Y don't you share the process here as this way others will get benefit from it.
My friend Donakinzo knows the procedure well and he was kind enough to call me and explain throughly. And it wasn't as others said.

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omidahomie said:
My friend Donakinzo knows the procedure well and he was kind enough to call me and explain throughly. And it wasn't as others said.
I didn't mean to say that other r explaining the right process or to make comparison between the two. I only ask this as I myself is interested in the right information. My brother is also planing to apply and he in Saudi Arabia.