+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from Pakistan

billufarmer

Sep 3, 2019
Hello all, here is a little background to my case:
I have been residing in Saudi Arabia since birth, visiting Pakistan for annual vacations to my maternal hometown which is not the same as my CNIC until 2007 when I attended my University for bachelors there which was in KPK and not in Gujranwala ( where my hometown as per CNIC is). Stayed there in the university's hostel for 4 years uptill 2011. My travel records start from 2009 so I've mentioned the same in the travel records that from 2009-11I was in the city of the university. After completing my bachelors I returned back to Saudi Arabia and then the same annual vacations continued to Pakistan once a year for less than a month.
I recently got the ITA and consequently got the Police Character Certificate from one of the newly established Police Khidmat Centres and they provided me with a certificate that has my details mentioned, my permanent address as per my CNIC which I have never stayed at during the last 10 years and the date of the records is shown as from: Birth - To date. When asked about whether I should get one from KPK as well as my residence in Pakistan has not been in the same address as is mentioned on the certificate, the officer said there was no need. I'm not sure now whether to submit my application with the same or should I get another one from KPK police as well.

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
I have been residing in Saudi Arabia since birth, visiting Pakistan for annual vacations to my maternal hometown which is not the same as my CNIC until 2007 when I attended my University for bachelors there which was in KPK and not in Gujranwala ( where my hometown as per CNIC is). Stayed there in the university's hostel for 4 years uptill 2011. My travel records start from 2009 so I've mentioned the same in the travel records that from 2009-11I was in the city of the university. After completing my bachelors I returned back to Saudi Arabia and then the same annual vacations continued to Pakistan once a year for less than a month.
I recently got the ITA and consequently got the Police Character Certificate from one of the newly established Police Khidmat Centres and they provided me with a certificate that has my details mentioned, my permanent address as per my CNIC which I have never stayed at during the last 10 years and the date of the records is shown as from: Birth - To date. When asked about whether I should get one from KPK as well as my residence in Pakistan has not been in the same address as is mentioned on the certificate, the officer said there was no need. I'm not sure now whether to submit my application with the same or should I get another one from KPK police as well.
In most cases, one PCC per country covering all the duration is fine. The police system in Pakistan is not under federal control and to be on the safe side get one made from KPK as well. You might face some trouble in getting one since your CNIC is from punjab, but show them your University documents and get a PCC for that specific period

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
Hello members
I have been living in Pakistan since the age of 18. However, I moved to Saudi Arabia on July 2016 and came back to Pakistan in June 2019.
Since i am not a current resident of KSA, I do not need to provide the PCC from KSA as per cic guidelines.. So do I need to exclude the time spent in Saudi Arabia in my PCC issued from Pakistan?
Moreover, do i need to mention the periods I visited Pakistan on holidays during my time spent in Saudi Arabia?

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello members
I have been living in Pakistan since the age of 18. However, I moved to Saudi Arabia on July 2016 and came back to Pakistan in June 2019.
Since i am not a current resident of KSA, I do not need to provide the PCC from KSA as per cic guidelines.. So do I need to exclude the time spent in Saudi Arabia in my PCC issued from Pakistan?
Moreover, do i need to mention the periods I visited Pakistan on holidays during my time spent in Saudi Arabia?
Hey
Between 2016 to 2019 u were not a resident of KSA?

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
Hey
Between 2016 to 2019 u were not a resident of KSA?
I was during that time. But currently I do not hold the residence status.

As per CIC guidelines, it is stated that
If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

But I am not sure whether i should specify the period spent in KSA while applying for PCC in Pakistan.

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
I was during that time. But currently I do not hold the residence status.

As per CIC guidelines, it is stated that
If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

But I am not sure whether i should specify the period spent in KSA while applying for PCC in Pakistan.
Yeah so you need to provide PCC from 2016-2019 (as you were a resident during that time period).

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
Yeah so you need to provide PCC from 2016-2019 (as you were a resident during that time period).
Please refer the below link. The clause that i stated above is under the heading if you live outside of Saudi Arabia.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

Do i still need to present KSA PCC?
And in any case should i exclude the time period spent in KSA from my Pakistan PCC?

AliPak

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
What happened in your case. I am stuck with same case !

billufarmer

Sep 3, 2019
What happened in your case. I am stuck with same case !
I got a single certificate from the Police Center of my city as per CNIC. Explained in the Letter of Explanation that since there is no central police processing in Pakistan, the only certificate I was able to get was from the police center of my home city as per my CNIC. It was accepted.

zulfi_3

Jun 10, 2018
In most cases, one PCC per country covering all the duration is fine. The police system in Pakistan is not under federal control and to be on the safe side get one made from KPK as well. You might face some trouble in getting one since your CNIC is from punjab, but show them your University documents and get a PCC for that specific period
Hi,

I have a query regarding the police certificate, I need it for my spousal application.

The issue is that I have lived on rent on multiple addresses since my 18th birthday and got my CNIC revised to show my husband's address after I got married. So I was hoping to get a consolidated PCC to save time and hassle. Could you kindly guide me on the process? What documents do I need to submit to obtain the certificate?

Furthermore, I came across the following link on Sindh police website. Does anyone have any idea or have gotten their PPC's made through it? your guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!

https://prvs.sindhpolice.gov.pk/