+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate From Lahore Pakistan

canada4us2017

Oct 16, 2017
If you were visiting your relative and staying with them in Lahore during the time periods then you should be able to. You will need to get an letter of auth attested from the embassy and send it to your relative along with stamped pages of your passport.

Booon11

Nov 11, 2017
Is it necessary for the police certificate to mention that it is issued for the purpose of Canadian immigration? The affidavit/stamp paper that my lawyer has prepared is in Urdu and only mentions basics like name, cnic number, address etc. Nothing about purpose of PCC. Will that be okay?

engr.humayun

Nov 19, 2017
KSA
Is it necessary for the police certificate to mention that it is issued for the purpose of Canadian immigration? The affidavit/stamp paper that my lawyer has prepared is in Urdu and only mentions basics like name, cnic number, address etc. Nothing about purpose of PCC. Will that be okay?
For the immigration people, it's not necessary.
But the police will ask you for the reason and proof of invitation, and will put it in the PCC.

umairbm33

Sep 30, 2018
I called E Khidmat Services Helpline to confirm they issue the police certificate. They said that they issue a character certificate and it is verified with the police as well. Would that suffice to submit to IRCC as PCC?

seeramzan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Hi guys,

Did any one managed to get police clearance/character certificate from Lahore while address on CNIC was of different city. Will they issue the certificate or not.

seeramzan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
My wife have two cities in her address history.
City A before marriage
City B after marraige

I got PCC for both cities , in City B they mentioned stay of my wife since birth , its overlapping with the City A dates.

Is it fine or not please advise ?

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
I have a couple of questions regarding PCC as well though if someone has some advise.

1) Is it important to have correct current/ permanent addresses on NICOP prior to applying for PCC?

2) I don't have an ITA right now but I want to get as much done pre-ITA. To this end, I'm thinking of having the PCCs for Pakistan prepared through family since I work in UAE now. However, I also visit Pakistan from time to time on business trips to various cities for couple of weeks at a time. If I get a PCCs for Pakistan prepared now, would they still stay valid if I continue my week long business trips after that? Someone said that the PCC would become invalid because I'll be visiting Pakistan again after obtaining the PCC.

munaza167

Dec 9, 2019
hi everyone i lived in lahore for study and work for 7 years but my NIC and passport has my hometown address as permanent address.So can i get pcc from lahore or my hometown.my hometown is in same province punjab.

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
hi everyone i lived in lahore for study and work for 7 years but my NIC and passport has my hometown address as permanent address.So can i get pcc from lahore or my hometown.my hometown is in same province punjab.
You need to get police certificate from the cities you lived in from the day you turned 18. It does not matter what your hometown is. If you lived, since the age 18, in Lahore but was born and raised in, say, Multan then you need to provide PCC having address in Lahore only. Similarly if you lived in more than one cities for more than six months in each city then you need to provide PCC for each city.

Refer to these two links below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I am from Karachi and studied in Lahore for 6 years for undergrad and then returned later for my masters.

From what I understand (i can't remember but i think this came from a guy who had good working knowledge of police procedures. I could be wrong since this conversation happened more than a couple of years ago) any FIR in Pakistan is linked to NIC number and the permanent address on the NIC. So what is needed is the PCC with your NIC and for the permanent address. So in your address history you should only write the permanent address since that is the one which is your permanent address.

So I did not need to furnish any PCC for Lahore. I only furnished one PCC for Karachi (which had my permanent address) and in my education history i clearly stated the years I was in Lahore (which overlapped with my PCC years obviously).

Everything turned out perfectly. I got my PR in 6 months, no issues.

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
I am from Karachi and studied in Lahore for 6 years for undergrad and then returned later for my masters.

From what I understand (i can't remember but i think this came from a guy who had good working knowledge of police procedures. I could be wrong since this conversation happened more than a couple of years ago) any FIR in Pakistan is linked to NIC number and the permanent address on the NIC. So what is needed is the PCC with your NIC and for the permanent address. So in your address history you should only write the permanent address since that is the one which is your permanent address.

So I did not need to furnish any PCC for Lahore. I only furnished one PCC for Karachi (which had my permanent address) and in my education history i clearly stated the years I was in Lahore (which overlapped with my PCC years obviously).

Everything turned out perfectly. I got my PR in 6 months, no issues.
If your PCC certificate did not mention your stay in Lahore then I think you really got lucky. The PCC has two sections one is for permanent address and the other is "Other places of stay". Other places of stay section should mention all places in a country where you stayed for more than six months. This is the correct procedure.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
If your PCC certificate did not mention your stay in Lahore then I think you really got lucky. The PCC has two sections one is for permanent address and the other is "Other places of stay". Other places of stay section should mention all places in a country where you stayed for more than six months. This is the correct procedure.

Nope, not just luck. That is the way it is done. Be consistent in the process. After myself I advised my brother and he recently got his PR too without any hiccups. Have also advised a couple of people after my brother too and so far they have faced no issues. So I am pretty sure I have the process right.

Plus my wife had lived all over pakistan but we only gave her 2 permanent addresses (one before marriage and one after) and it came through without any issues. The PCC for different cities is different, there is no single format for PCCs in Pakistan. Mine didn't have any place for temporary or permanent addresses.

engr.humayun

Nov 19, 2017
KSA
You will be able to get a PCC only from your hometown that is mentioned on your NIC. Lahore Police won't issue you a PCC.

engr.humayun

Nov 19, 2017
KSA
And besides, in western countries, police certificate issued from a single place is considered valid all over the country.