United States of America
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
Med's Done....
18-08-2020
Hi, has anyone tried obtaining Japan police certificate from USA? If so, how long it took?

I submitted my PR application and now I received official letter to get the certificate. I called the Japan embassy in my jurisdiction and they told me the process takes me over 2 months !! But IRCC has given me only 60 days.

What should I do if I don't get the certificate given the COVID-19 situation and lengthy processing time?

jasonc0408

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
yes it will take around 2-3 month, i applied on Jun 16 at Vancouver embassy, still waiting.

you could ask for extension for it no worries.

mnvl91

Aug 18, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
Med's Done....
18-08-2020
Thank you for your reply? Have you asked for extension? Got approved?
yes it will take around 2-3 month, i applied on Jun 16 at Vancouver embassy, still waiting.

you could ask for extension for it no worries.
@jasonc0408 You also mentioned in July 2020 AOR, that you received your AOR on July 2nd, but in the police certificate from Japan thread I created, you mentioned that you applied on Jun 18th. How did you apply before receiving official letter from IRCC?

jasonc0408

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
@jasonc0408 You also mentioned in July 2020 AOR, that you received your AOR on July 2nd, but in the police certificate from Japan thread I created, you mentioned that you applied on Jun 18th. How did you apply before receiving official letter from IRCC?
Hey Mnv. You could apply for it beforehands.

although it says on IRCC's website that you have to wait for the additional document request letter to apply for the Japan CCP, but for some Japanese embassy(like the one in Vancouver), you don't really need that particular document. all they ask is a valid reason to obtain a CCP.

For my case, I went there with my ITA and a list of required documentation that I download from IRCC website, explain to them that japan CCP is a must have document for my PR application and I've invited to apply so I will need the japan CCP to support my PR application. As long as the agent is convinced you have a valid reason they will process it for you. it will take around 2-3 months, they will sent an email once its ready and it have to be picked up by person.

mnvl91

Aug 18, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
Med's Done....
18-08-2020
Hey Mnv. You could apply for it beforehands.

although it says on IRCC's website that you have to wait for the additional document request letter to apply for the Japan CCP, but for some Japanese embassy(like the one in Vancouver), you don't really need that particular document. all they ask is a valid reason to obtain a CCP.

For my case, I went there with my ITA and a list of required documentation that I download from IRCC website, explain to them that japan CCP is a must have document for my PR application and I've invited to apply so I will need the japan CCP to support my PR application. As long as the agent is convinced you have a valid reason they will process it for you. it will take around 2-3 months, they will sent an email once its ready and it have to be picked up by person.
@jasonc0408 I should have done the same. I assumed official letter is mandatory, now I think due to the lengthy processing time, Processing time also gets delayed. Thanks for the information

mnvl91

Aug 18, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
Med's Done....
18-08-2020
@jasonc0408 Please update one you receive Japan CCP. I'm also interested to know the language of the certificate and do we need to go for official translation?

jasonc0408

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
@jasonc0408 Please update one you receive Japan CCP. I'm also interested to know the language of the certificate and do we need to go for official translation?
I received it on Aug 24th, takes total of 9 weeks. Don't worry about the translation, it has both Japaneses and English on one sheet. Just scan and upload. Good luck.

3m8kg

Mar 4, 2020
Thanks @jasonc0408 for sharing the experience!
May I ask if you went to the Consulate in Vancouver in person to ask for CCP? Did you call them first to make an appointment or just walked in? What documents did you bring there? I’m in same situation (have not got official letter from IRCC yet) and I don’t want to waste 2-3 months waiting AFTER the letter from IRCC. Btw, do you know how long will it take to get the official letter from IRCC after AOR? Thank you!

mnvl91

Aug 18, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
Med's Done....
18-08-2020
Update on my PCC from Japan: I applied at Consulate General of Japan in Denver on August 27th and received my certificate on October 9th. It was a bit fast for me. I guess it depends on the prefecture you lived in Japan. My last address in Japan was Yamagata, very rural and may be that's why I received it very fast.

mnvl91

Aug 18, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
Med's Done....
18-08-2020
@jasonc0408 I was told by the embassy that if anyone other than the concerned party opens the envelope, it becomes invalid. Did you just open, scan and upload the certificate? Was there any acknowledgment/progress in you application after submission?
Please update.

loeleo

Jan 15, 2019
@jasonc0408 I was told by the embassy that if anyone other than the concerned party opens the envelope, it becomes invalid. Did you just open, scan and upload the certificate? Was there any acknowledgment/progress in you application after submission?
Please update.
I'm also wondering about this. Just received my husband's police check from the Japanese Embassy in Vancouver. The embassy says it's invalid if we open the envelope, but the IRCC instructions are to scan and upload a copy...
Did you find the correct way about it?

Thanks for any help!

mnvl91

Aug 18, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
Med's Done....
18-08-2020
I'm also wondering about this. Just received my husband's police check from the Japanese Embassy in Vancouver. The embassy says it's invalid if we open the envelope, but the IRCC instructions are to scan and upload a copy...

Thanks for any help!
Hi, I went ahead and opened it, scanned and uploaded.

Reactions: loeleo

jasonc0408

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020

Thanks for any help!
Hi Sorry for the late reply! it's ok to just open and scan.

Reactions: loeleo