+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate (from Indian-consulate and the FBI)

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
Hello there,

I am an indian citizen but have been living in the US for about 9+ years now, I have been planning to apply for a Canadian PR via the express entry. From the CIC website I understand that I would need a police certificate from the India as well as from the US(From the FBI).

Question1:
Since I live outside of India, I would need to get a police certificate from the "Indian Consulate", has anyone had any experience getting one, long how do they take to process such a request ?
I might travel to India soon, would it be worth getting one while I am in India ?

Question2:
Any idea how long does the FBI take to process a request from a police certificate ?
On the CIC website its mentioned that "Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents."
How accurate is that information ? I am not a US permanent resident aka a Green card holder. I came to the US as a student and then started working on a Work-based visa.

thanks in Advance!!

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
Answering the questions myself, just in case it helps someone else:

A1 - I got the my Indian PCC from the Indian Embassy in the US, its a one day affair (couple of hours).

A2 - I could apply for a PCC from the FBI online, they ship you the report within 2-3 weeks.