+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from country in which I was a student?

seoultrain

Mar 4, 2015
The rules technically state that applicants who have been given an ITA via EE must then provide police certificates for any countries they have lived for more than 6 months above the age of 18.

I lived in Singapore for just over 6 months (after turning 18) before attending university in Australia for 3 years (on a student visa). Is there an informed view on whether I would require police checks from both Singapore and Australia? I was not a permanent resident of either country. I have since lived in two other countries from which I think it is quite clear I will need to get police certs.

advice and views much appreciated

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
08-05-2015 RCMP; 29-05-2015 Schedule A
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015 at CIC Calgary
seoultrain said:
The rules technically state that applicants who have been given an ITA via EE must then provide police certificates for any countries they have lived for more than 6 months above the age of 18.

I lived in Singapore for just over 6 months (after turning 18) before attending university in Australia for 3 years (on a student visa). Is there an informed view on whether I would require police checks from both Singapore and Australia? I was not a permanent resident of either country. I have since lived in two other countries from which I think it is quite clear I will need to get police certs.

advice and views much appreciated
Instructions seem to be very clear. Regardless of whether you are student or not, you should get it because you were above 18. So for me it means you should get it from Singapore and Australia :'(

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Is there a way to request a police clearance in Australia while overseas? Do they post it internationally? I've studied in Australia also but I'm not there anymore. I don't know how to request that file. Any help?

seoultrain

Mar 4, 2015
you do it online

afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au

But if you lived in Queensland or Victoria you need a traffic history too. This is made more complicated by the fact that if you were a student you may not have had a driving licence in which case you have to prove you did not have a driving licence. At this stage I'm not clear on how one does that.