+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate for spouse who is NOT in the Express Entry file?

Newzed

Apr 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

So, I am in the process to start my application for Express Entry and from the website it is not fully clear whether my spouse (who is not coming with me and will not be included in the application) will need to provide police certificates as well or not.
The link I am referring to is the official one here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html where it mentions 'me and my family members'. I will be applying for Express Entry by myself though and will not include my spouse in the process. Do I need to provide their police certificates too? I know we will both have to have a medical examination cause the website does specify "even if your spouse is not coming with you they need to have a medical examination" but regarding the police certificates the thing is a bit more blurry.

Anyone has encountered this before?
Thanks!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Yes, you need to get her medical and police certificates done or else you will never be able to sponsor her in the future.

Newzed

Apr 27, 2017
Thanks for your quick reply! What if I'm not be interested in sponsoring? As in, in case she needs to come her job will provide work permits and such. The application for express entry I want to put forward would just be for me

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Thanks for your quick reply! What if I'm not be interested in sponsoring? As in, in case she needs to come her job will provide work permits and such. The application for express entry I want to put forward would just be for me
You will still need to provide her PCC and medical.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
It is also way easier to just sponsor her than to go through the work permit process. You are married after all, hopefully you want to live together lol.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi everyone,

So, I am in the process to start my application for Express Entry and from the website it is not fully clear whether my spouse (who is not coming with me and will not be included in the application) will need to provide police certificates as well or not.
The link I am referring to is the official one here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html where it mentions 'me and my family members'. I will be applying for Express Entry by myself though and will not include my spouse in the process. Do I need to provide their police certificates too? I know we will both have to have a medical examination cause the website does specify "even if your spouse is not coming with you they need to have a medical examination" but regarding the police certificates the thing is a bit more blurry.

Anyone has encountered this before?
Thanks!
Although non-accompanying IRCC will do criminality, medicals, and security checks for your spouse. So, you will need to provide PCC (for all applicable countries) and medicals.