+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate for Singapore

hpswamy

May 24, 2018
Hi, I need to submit a police clearance certificate since I lived in Singapore from 1997 to 2011. It says I just have to upload a document saying Singapore needs an official request from COC to get a police cert. Any idea what this document needs to be? Can it be just a simple pdf or does it have to have my signature etc.?

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.​

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi, I need to submit a police clearance certificate since I lived in Singapore from 1997 to 2011. It says I just have to upload a document saying Singapore needs an official request from COC to get a police cert. Any idea what this document needs to be? Can it be just a simple pdf or does it have to have my signature etc.?

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.​
You can provide your invitation letter to them. Generally all embassies issue PCC only after that.

Did you receive an invitation yet?

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Yes, I already have the ITA.
Take it from me who just finished applying for COC from SPF.
1. You can use ITA letter as the request letter as long as it has your name on it.
2. You need to follow the steps on CIC website to apply online in SPF COC website.
3. It takes forever to receive COC by mail, best have your friend pick it up and scan to you before sending the hard copy.
4. To answer your question the COC is a piece of paper, with watermarks on it. As for EE application, you can just scan it into PDF.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Reactions: Jaywalker

hpswamy

May 24, 2018
1. You can use ITA letter as the request letter as long as it has your name on it.
2. You need to follow the steps on CIC website to apply online in SPF COC website.
3. It takes forever to receive COC by mail, best have your friend pick it up and scan to you before sending the hard copy.
4. To answer your question the COC is a piece of paper, with watermarks on it. As for EE application, you can just scan it into PDF.

Yep, just requested it from SPF on their website. How long did yours take to arrive? I am having mine sent to my sisters address in Singapore.

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Yep, just requested it from SPF on their website. How long did yours take to arrive? I am having mine sent to my sisters address in Singapore.
almost 2 weeks, if send by singpost I think will take 1-2 more days

hpswamy

May 24, 2018
almost 2 weeks, if send by singpost I think will take 1-2 more days
So I got an email saying my appeal to apply for the COC has been successful. I just logged in and paid my application fee online but I didnt get an acknowledgement slip. According to this website(https://www.police.gov.sg/e-services/apply/certificate-of-clearance/appeal-by-non-singapore-citizens), it says I have to send my fingerprints via snail mail if I am living overseas but It doesnt say where to send the mail to? Any advice?

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
So I got an email saying my appeal to apply for the COC has been successful. I just logged in and paid my application fee online but I didnt get an acknowledgement slip. According to this website(https://www.police.gov.sg/e-services/apply/certificate-of-clearance/appeal-by-non-singapore-citizens), it says I have to send my fingerprints via snail mail if I am living overseas but It doesnt say where to send the mail to? Any advice?
This is the email I got. Just FYI

Dear???

Thank you for your application for a Certificate of Clearance (COC). Your COC application reference number is ???

2. To complete the application, please mail your original hardcopy fingerprint impressions recorded by an authorised fingerprint recorder together with a copy of the payment receipt to the COC Office at:

Block D, #02-07/08
Police Cantonment Complex
391 New Bridge Road,
Singapore 088762

3. Attached is the payment receipt for your application

4. To check on the status of your application, you may visit http://www.police.gov.sg/e-services/apply/certificate-of-clearance/enquire-on-certificate-of-clearance-application-status. Do indicate the COC application reference number provided above.

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Another thing is that I used an express courier instead of standard mail, it reached them just fine.

jjsekh

Feb 23, 2019
Hi.

Hi.

I got my ITA on 13th Dec and applied for Singapore eCOC using ITA. I got it within two weeks and submitted it as part of my PR applocation on 15th Jan. Now I've got a letter from cic asking for an 'updated original certificate of clearance' from SPF. I've read a lot of blogs and it seems that cic just asks for an updated certificate in case the eCOC had earlier been issued by sharing the ITA with SPF.

Please guide me whether cic accepted your eCOC that you got using your ITA. Or will I have to apply for a new eCOC using this new letter that I've got from cic?

Thnxx

skrmenon

Dec 13, 2017
Hi All, i received an email saying that the singapore PCC e-appeal is approved. Does anyone know what is the next step? the option was to pickup myself personally or send it to my address in Canada and i choose to send it to Canada. They did not ask for finger prints. Any help would be appreciated.

anmaridon

Jul 23, 2020
I need help.How did you send your fingerprint to Singapore? Did you print out the form and used ink and roll finger printing thru commissionaries/rcmp/police station then mail it back to Singapore?

tan_moy

Jan 13, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am planning to apply for PR with provincial nomination I received from Ontario. Since, I have lived in Singapore for 4 years, I will have to submit police clearance certificate (COC) from Singapore. Can I appeal to Singapore police for the letter using the nomination letter I received from OINP?

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
Hi.

Hi.

I got my ITA on 13th Dec and applied for Singapore eCOC using ITA. I got it within two weeks and submitted it as part of my PR applocation on 15th Jan. Now I've got a letter from cic asking for an 'updated original certificate of clearance' from SPF. I've read a lot of blogs and it seems that cic just asks for an updated certificate in case the eCOC had earlier been issued by sharing the ITA with SPF.

Please guide me whether cic accepted your eCOC that you got using your ITA. Or will I have to apply for a new eCOC using this new letter that I've got from cic?

Thnxx
Hi Dear,

I also have to apply for Singapore PCC for my Canada PR, so just wanted to know have you applied the Singapore PCC again after receiving the letter from CIC? Does it mandatory to apply the Singapore PCC after submitting our PR application and getting that specific letter from CIC and then only they will accept it?

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
Hi.

Hi.

Thnxx
Hi, I really hope you still check the site and able to provide your insights! Thank you in advanced. I am really stressed out.
Thank you for your post! I am wondering if the original COC and the new COC you submitted are exactly the same? just the issue date is different?
The reason I asked: I used my ITA to get appeal and pay the COC application fee, but I haven't submit my fingerprint yet, so I submitted my eAPR EE application ask if IRCC can provide COC request letter. I am wondering when they provide me the request letter, shall I appeal it to the COC again? Will the ITA or IRCC request letter generate any difference for the COC?

Thank you so much for your help!