+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate for Japan

raziiqbal

Feb 16, 2017
Hi,

I have received an ITA and currently I am in process of gathering documents. The only set of documents remaining for me are police certificates, medical exam and bank statements. Medical Exam and Bank statements shouldn't be a problem however, I am confused about police certificate.

I have lived in Japan for 8 years and it seems I need a police certificate. Below are the instructions given in the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/japan.html

I am confused about the following statement:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

It means I don't have to upload the police certificate along with other documents during my application, right?

From the same link, here is another piece of instruction:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

What does it mean uploading a document saying “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.” Should I upload a word file with the above mentioned statement?

Looking forward to kind response in this regard.
Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you only have to upload a letter (in pdf) stating "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate" and blah blah blah

That being said I would use the search feature in this forum and other applicants managed to get their japanese PCC without an official request from IRCC.

raziiqbal

Feb 16, 2017
Yes, you only have to upload a letter (in pdf) stating "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate" and blah blah blah

That being said I would use the search feature in this forum and other applicants managed to get their japanese PCC without an official request from IRCC.
Thanks for the reply.

I ll make a search on the forum for the same but since they ll send me an official request so I guess there is no harm in waiting for the official request if they want it.

broutilde

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hello,
So I went through the process of getting my police certificate from Japan. As expected, the certificate arrived after the deadline that CIC gave me (it takes up to 10 weeks for the certificate to arrive here in Vancouver, and CIC deadline was 8 weeks after their request letter).
So instead of the police certificate itself, I uploaded a letter+document showing that I applied for it and was waiting for the Consulate to receive it.
However, we're past the deadline now, and haven't heard anything from CIC. I finally received my police certificate that I opened and scanned so I can send it to CIC, but there's nowhere in my account to upload it. The placeholder that I used for my document showing that I was in the process of getting my PC didn't reappear.
What should I do? Will I receive another message from CIC asking for that letter? Should I send my document though the CIC web contact form?
Thank you

Sannu

Sep 18, 2018
Hello,
So I went through the process of getting my police certificate from Japan. As expected, the certificate arrived after the deadline that CIC gave me (it takes up to 10 weeks for the certificate to arrive here in Vancouver, and CIC deadline was 8 weeks after their request letter).
So instead of the police certificate itself, I uploaded a letter+document showing that I applied for it and was waiting for the Consulate to receive it.
However, we're past the deadline now, and haven't heard anything from CIC. I finally received my police certificate that I opened and scanned so I can send it to CIC, but there's nowhere in my account to upload it. The placeholder that I used for my document showing that I was in the process of getting my PC didn't reappear.
What should I do? Will I receive another message from CIC asking for that letter? Should I send my document though the CIC web contact form?
Thank you

Hello, Hope you had received the conformation from CIC ?

I had applied for PCC Japan and waiting for the letter, which is almost 6 weeks over for myself and I need to submit the letter by 23rd Oct :-(

robcanada

Jun 13, 2019
Hello,
Thank you
Hello, I am a non-Japanese living in Japan. I am also confused on how to get the CIC request letter. Does it just arrive automatically after getting an ITA?