+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate for Express Entry

Dec 27, 2017
Hello Guys,
Just a question:
I am Turkish. I have been living in Turkey since I was born, except for that I lived in UK for 18 months and Germany for 1 year. I submitted my Express Entry Application in December 2017.

I received Police Certificate for those 3 countries. UK, Germany and Turkey

However, I received the police certificates for UK and Germany in March2017 and uploaded these documents. (the PC for Turkey was recevied after ITA so it is not problem)

I have not gone abroad for the last 4 years (I have been in Turkey for the last 4 years) but the police certificates for UK and Germany are not recent. I recevied them before ITA.

In short: My ITA is November 2017 and AOR is in December 2017 but the police certificates for UK and Germany are dated in March 2017. They say in cic page that it is OK as I have not been in those countries after I received the PCs.
But how would they know that I have not been in those countries after I received the PCs? Would that be a problem?
Thanks a lot for informing me in advance

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Hello Guys,
Just a question:
I am Turkish. I have been living in Turkey since I was born, except for that I lived in UK for 18 months and Germany for 1 year. I submitted my Express Entry Application in December 2017.

However, I received the police certificates for UK and Germany in March2017 and uploaded these documents. (the PC for Turkey was recevied after ITA so it is not problem)

I have not gone abroad for the last 4 years (I have been in Turkey for the last 4 years) but the police certificates for UK and Germany are not recent. I recevied them before ITA.

In short: My ITA is November 2017 and AOR is in December 2017 but the police certificates for UK and Germany are dated in March 2017. They say in cic page that it is OK as I have not been in those countries after I received the PCs.
But how would they know that I have not been in those countries after I received the PCs? Would that be a problem?
If the PCC was issued after the last time you were in those countries, that shouldn't be a problem. send the scan pages of you passport and explain in LOE the you requested the PCCs before to save time and you have not been in those places after they were issued. you should be fine.
if it s easy to get fresh ones, you may also consider that option. in any case they may always request for new PCCs if they are not satisfied. it's their discretion.

Reactions: science and art

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello Guys,
Just a question:

See this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
It clearly states that the police certificate should be issued after you last lived in a country or territory.

Reactions: science and art

Buraira

May 3, 2017
I would like to inquire that I lived in the UK from 2013 - 2015 on a student visa and while I was coming back, I brought the Police Certificate which was created on the date of 29/05/2019 and this is the day I landed back in my country.

After that, I only went to the UK to attend my graduation and stayed there for 10 days. I want to ask that can I use my old Police Certificate or do I need a new one again?

I look forward to your expert advice.

Thanks in advance.
See this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
It clearly states that the police certificate should be issued after you last lived in a country or territory.