+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate for Express Entry

aa105942

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Hi guys,
Could you please share your thoughts about my situation.
I have received invitation for Express Entry so I am in the process of gathering my documents to upload.
I was born in Iran and lived there until I was 17.5. Before I turned 18 I left Iran and went to Dubai and resided there for 5 years. When I was about 23, I came to Canada and stayed here until now which I am 27 years old. During this almost 10 years, I have made several trips to my home country Iran and stayed there for maximum three months in row. I stayed there for almost 13-14 months collectively but it has never been a single residence of 6 months in row
Question 1: Based on my situation, do I need to get PCC from Iran?
Question 2: I have a PCC for Dubai, dated for December 2014. The PCC was valid only for three months and now it is expired. I have never traveled to Dubai after December 2014. I am wondering if I could still use this PCC although it is no longer valid?
Question 3: Since my current country of residence is Canada, Do I also need to upload Canada PCC at the moment or I should wait until CIC asks for this document during the processing of my application?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aa105942 said:
Hi guys,
I have received invitation for Express Entry so I am in the process of gathering my documents to upload.
I was born in Iran and lived there until I was 17.5. Before I turned 18 I left Iran and went to Dubai and resided there for 5 years. When I was about 23, I came to Canada and stayed here until now which I am 27 years old. During this almost 10 years, I have made several trips to my home country Iran and stayed there for maximum three months in row. I stayed there for almost 13-14 months collectively but it has never been a single residence of 6 months in row
Question 2: I have a PCC for Dubai, dated for December 2014. The PCC was valid only for three months and now it is expired. I have never traveled to Dubai after December 2014. I am wondering if I could still use this PCC although it is no longer valid?
Question 3: Since my current country of residence is Canada, Do I also need to upload Canada PCC at the moment or I should wait until CIC asks for this document during the processing of my application?
you require just dubai PCC. better to get a new one. as this guys just want excuse to give you a rejection.

if you think dubai pcc will take longer than 60 days then send that old pcc with an explanation letter of your situation. and at the end write please let me know if i require fresh pcc from dubai and also if iran pcc is required.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aa105942 said:
Hi guys,

YES, JUST SAFE SIDE

YOU SHOULD APPLY AGIAN, PCC validated only 6 months.

Not required, just wait additional document request.

Rajveer

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14/10/2014[Bc PNP]
Nomination.....
25/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/2016
Med's Request
01/02/2016
Med's Done....
04/02/2016
Passport Req..
26/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
01/05/2017
LANDED..........
09/05/2017
If you have lived for more than six months in a row after the age of 18 years old then you need a police clearence from dubai. Nothing needed from iran, as you have mentioned you did not reside there after the age of 18 for more than six months

You also need a PCC from canada.

To get a PCC from dubai you have go get your fingerprints done from your local police station here in canada, send it to the uae embassy in canada get it attested and then upload it on the dubai police website.

if you have a friend or family member in dubai get it attested from the embassy here and then just directly mail it to your friend in that way they can process it alot more faster

mh4tech

Aug 28, 2015
Dear Experts

I have related Q if you don't mind

The main applicant which is my spouse (my wife) received OINP nomination and waiting for ITA. Definitely she will be required to provide PCC when she applies for the permanent residence. My question is: Do I need to provide PPC for myself?

Thanks

aa105942

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Thanks for sharing your thought guys. I am still confused though. There is contradictory info about Canadian PCC as Rajveer says I should get it but others say I don't need it at the moment. Could anyone clarify this please?

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
aa105942 said:
Thanks for sharing your thought guys. I am still confused though. There is contradictory info about Canadian PCC as Rajveer says I should get it but others say I don't need it at the moment. Could anyone clarify this please?
you dont need Canadian pcc at the moment. cic will call for it if they need it . you need pcc from dubai upfront .

big fish

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
If your Dubai police check was issued AFTER your last visit to Dubai, then you don't need a new one.
The 6 months validity rule works only if you still live in the country where police check was done or if you left it after certificate was issued.

At least that's what cic says:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

andy.fsw.inland

Dec 20, 2015
Check your customized document list - You don't need RCMP ( PCC ) from Canada But its always good to submit and it takes 10 days to get it.
You need a new PCC from DUBAI - I know people have been rejected for submitting invalid old PCC. If you can, get one from IRAN ( if its not that much of hassle ) if it is, then don't bother as CIC looks for PCC after 18. I would submit it just in case of i was living there within last 10 years.

big fish

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
andy.fsw.inland said:
You need a new PCC from DUBAI - I know people have been rejected for submitting invalid old PCC.
Do you mean CIC does not follow its rules on pcc in EE? Because the link I mentioned says that pcc expires in 6 months only if you live in that country. It does not have expiration date if it was issued after your last visit.

Well, I won't be surprised if they managed to mess up here, too.

soccerdude84

Jul 11, 2015
aa105942 said:
Hi guys,
I applied through a consultant and they told me to get PCC from Iran even though I haven't lived there after the age of 18 which I did. This was based on their experience with CIC and other candidates.