+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate for citizeinship

Jonathan_25

Feb 14, 2021
Hello, I was in my home country/territory of origin in my whole life before landing to canada as permanent resident last 2018-04-01 and never left canada since I came here, do i need police certificate? thanks!

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hello, I was in my home country/territory of origin in my whole life before landing to canada as permanent resident last 2018-04-01 and never left canada since I came here, do i need police certificate? thanks!
You have to say "yes" and explain why you are not providing the certificate. Check the online citizenship guide, question 10b, example #1:

Example 1

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

Jonathan_25

Feb 14, 2021
You have to say "yes" and explain why you are not providing the certificate. Check the online citizenship guide, question 10b, example #1:

Example 1

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Help required regarding Police Clearance Certificate:

PR Since: 24-Mar-2016
Left Canada: 14-Apr-2016 (after short landing)
15-Apr-2016 to 06-Mar-2018 - Lived in Saudi Arabia
Arrived Canada: 07-Mar-2018
Living in Canada since 07-Mar-2018
Planning to apply for Citizenship once I am eligible on 07-Mar-2021 (straight 3 years..no travel outside in this 3 years)

Do I need to submit any PCC.
To get PCC from Saudi Arabia once should be physically present there. So please advise what I should be doing in this case.

Many thanks for reading my question and answering

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Im just curious, I will put "yes" and stil provide explanation?
Correct, the explanation is that you already provided a police certificate of your home country, with your PR application, and you have not visited again since you became a permanent resident of Canada.

This is my understanding.

Jonathan_25

Feb 14, 2021
Correct, the explanation is that you already provided a police certificate of your home country, with your PR application, and you have not visited again since you became a permanent resident of Canada.

This is my understanding.
yeah, never gone back to my home country after 3 years since my landing as PR. I just put "yes" then explain like this" I was in my home country/ territory of origin prior landing/permanent resident in canada" what you think?