+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate Expiration

iferg15

Jun 24, 2014
Hey all,
I have police clearance from FBI and RCMP that was done August 2014. I'm now applying for EE because my CEC was denied (over the cap).

I'm pretty sure I need a new clearance from the RCMP since I have lived in Canada since 2013, but I have not been in the US since then, do I need to get another FBI clearance? I'm kind of freaking out right now because it took over three months to get that FBI clearance... Please help!

Thank you,

ajv24

Mar 22, 2015
I know this is painful, but according to CIC

'Note that police checks are valid for 3 months.'

reference: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

iferg15

Jun 24, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I found a fingerprinting/background check office that has an expedited service for FBI clearance in Toronto! They promise to have the report back in 3-5 days so I think I'm good! If anyone finds themselves in my situation, I would advise them to look around for similar services in their area. I think the key word is that they are partnered with an FBI channeller in the states.

as187

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Hi,

I am also in Toronto, request you to please share the contact information of the fingureprinting shop that can get us the FBI police NOC in 3-5 days? How much are they charging?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No guys, sorry, no. No 3-day service. The CIC accepts the report only from the FBI. No third parties allowed, no channellers.

When you get fingerprinted for the new certificate, keep some kind of receipt, and a copy of your requesting letter. The CIC knows that the FBI is taking a long time, and you can just explain that to them, and demonstrate that you have applied.

As for the RCMP, you don't have to do that. CIC does it itself.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is probably stupid, but are you guys from US? otherwise what does pcc has to do with FBI?!! are we not supposed to get pcc from our home country?!!!

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jickson said:
This is probably stupid, but are you guys from US? otherwise what does pcc has to do with FBI?!! are we not supposed to get pcc from our home country?!!!
You have to get PCC from EVERY country you've lived in for more than 6 months.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GARJ said:
You have to get PCC from EVERY country you've lived in for more than 6 months.
Thanks! so that means those who are looking for pcc from FBI have lived in the us for 6 or more months?!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
ajv24 said:
I know this is painful, but according to CIC

'Note that police checks are valid for 3 months.'

reference: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp
Wrong.

Most PCC's are valid for 1 year.

iferg15

Jun 24, 2014
Hey guys,
So I was really excited getting the FBI channeler report but found out that they no longer accept such things. I think CIC website said channeler reports was okay from Jan-March (early March). And what I have is a channeler report which is why I got it back so fast. I called the US channeler who assured me that this is the exact same as the FBI issues out (tamper proof paper, signed by director, etc.) but I have to consider it as invalid for now.

I plan to send my old FBI certificate from last August, the new channeler report and scans of my new direct request for FBI clearance to the FBI. As soon as I get the new clearance directly from the FBI, I will send it along to the CIC. I hope this is enough, if not then I will be very very sad.

Moral of the story is, get your FBI clearance ASAP. I sure wasn't expecting the ITA to come when it did (I got in when the score dropped from 700 to 480).

Thanks all,

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you will be fine with the documents you have, and submitting the new FBI report later. All of us in the last 2 draws were taken by surprise - I really thought it would be summer before they got to those of us without LMIAs, and now it's quite a scramble!

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
Regarding police certificates, if you are in Canada since you got last police certificate and even if that one expired.
Just apply with old certificated and proof that you requested a new ones.
CIC may request new one, and may not.
CIC rules is written in general - that not distinguish between those who lives in Canada and those who lives abroad.

netchie25

May 27, 2012
Laguna
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect time..
My application for residency is now on process. When i uploaded my police clearances i am lacking 1 which is my coc from singapore. So, what i did is write an explanation letter that my request was on process and it shows on the singapore website that they will send it to the immigration officer or cic. After a long wait, the coc mail came to my mailing address. Now my question is, do i need to wait for the CIC to ask for my coc knowing that i stated on the letter that it will be sent to CIC? O do i need to mail it to CIO? And what is the mailing address? Please advise. Thank you

andy000

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015 :Quebec . 18-11-2016 : Federal
Doc's Request.
26-05-2016 : Birth Certificate (Quebec). RPRF paid Upfront. Australian PCC sent with application.(Federal)
Nomination.....
10-06-2016 : CSQ.
AOR Received.
07-12-2015 : Quebec . 17-02-2017 : Federal.
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
File Transfer...
17-02-2017.
Med's Request
04-04-2017.
Med's Done....
13-04-2017. Passed : 20-04-2017
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
01-03-2018.
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2018.
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
Goku said:
Wrong.

Most PCC's are valid for 1 year.
Goku my friend , glad to see you here now in EE. God Bless!!!