+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate contains National ID# instead of Passport #

comeafteralone

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

I just realized today that the Police Certificate from my home country contains my National ID # and not the Passport #. Will this cause any problems?

Under Travel document upload section, should I now upload copy of my National ID card together with Passports just to make sure?

Thank you!

Zooobshah

May 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney,Australia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-10-2018
File Transfer...
22-11-2018/ Sydney ,Australia
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
Passport Req..
19-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2019
LANDED..........
11-05-2019
If it is for Pakistan then no need to worry as your passport contains your CNIC number too.. you gonna upload your passport anyway

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Thanks, not it was for Iranian passport, I just checked actually it's also present on the Passport but only in persian alphabet, so not sure.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks, not it was for Iranian passport, I just checked actually it's also present on the Passport but only in persian alphabet, so not sure.
What are you applying for? In the forms will see a part that asks if you have a national identity document, and then it requests the number. You can fill that part. Then submit a copy of your national ID as well.

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
What are you applying for? In the forms will see a part that asks if you have a national identity document, and then it requests the number. You can fill that part. Then submit a copy of your national ID as well.
For Express Entry, yes I saw the portion about the National Identity, however the National Id doesn't have an expiry date, and the birth Certificate ID which also contain the national ID doesn't have an issue date, so I cannot put them in the form. So perhaps I could just upload the document, and incorporate it with the Passports documents?

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Thanks that makes sense. Would it be acceptable to upload an older translation of the National ID? The translation itself has an expiry date of 2017 (but not the document).

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks that makes sense. Would it be acceptable to upload an older translation of the National ID? The translation itself has an expiry date of 2017 (but not the document).
Not really sure about this....my document was in Swahili (local language) and English ,so I did not need to translate it. With the deadline mentioned I cant be very sure...may be others can respond

Eli1001

Dec 11, 2019
hi,

may i know what you did at end regarding the ID (our kart meli ;-) ) as i have same issue and mine is old version which has expired a few years ago, so not sure if i should submit it at all or not. or i just submit the birth certificate which has my national id number???