+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate Confusion.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Hello again.

I have a bit of confusion regarding my police certificates.

The express entry website states that the police certificate is needed for " every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row"

First question - Are these year calendar years? For example, if the current month is April 2019 - do the 10 years go back starting April 2009? Or is it simply the 2009-2019 time span?

Second question. From January 2009 to May 2009 I was enrolled in my last undergraduate semester in the UAE. The duration of the stay is less than 6 months. Will I still be asked for the police certificate from UAE?

P.S - Talked to their MOI rep and found out that the UAE does not issue any police certificates online if you do not have an Emirates ID. I do not know what the scenario is if I go and request it in person.

Thanks once again.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hello again.

I have a bit of confusion regarding my police certificates.

The express entry website states that the police certificate is needed for " every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row"

First question - Are these year calendar years? For example, if the current month is April 2019 - do the 10 years go back starting April 2009? Or is it simply the 2009-2019 time span?

Second question. From January 2009 to May 2009 I was enrolled in my last undergraduate semester in the UAE. The duration of the stay is less than 6 months. Will I still be asked for the police certificate from UAE?

P.S - Talked to their MOI rep and found out that the UAE does not issue any police certificates online if you do not have an Emirates ID. I do not know what the scenario is if I go and request it in person.

Thanks once again.
Question 1 , its 10 years starting from the day you submit your application.

Question 2, In this case you do not need PCC from the UAE as you didn't stay longer than six months in a row.

P.S. you can always try to get it through Dubai Police. It doesn't matter where you stayed in the UAE , all databases are linked now.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Question 1 , its 10 years starting from the day you submit your application.

Question 2, In this case you do not need PCC from the UAE as you didn't stay longer than six months in a row.

P.S. you can always try to get it through Dubai Police. It doesn't matter where you stayed in the UAE , all databases are linked now.
Many thanks for your response.

Elaborating my second question. I was in the UAE from 2003 to 2009, for my undergraduate degree, never 6 months in a row. My last semester was from Jan 2009 to May 2009.. I still do not need the UAE certificate, correct?

I tried - the Emirates ID is a pang. They want me to come down and apply in person.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Many thanks for your response.

Elaborating my second question. I was in the UAE from 2003 to 2009, for my undergraduate degree, never 6 months in a row. My last semester was from Jan 2009 to May 2009.. I still do not need the UAE certificate, correct?

I tried - the Emirates ID is a pang. They want me to come down and apply in person.
In your case , you do not need PCC from UAE at all.