binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am from India and I do understand that I have to get a police clearance from my home country which I have applied for.

At the same time, I have lived/worked in Denmark for more than an year and in Italy for exactly 6 months and 1 day(Entry: 07/13/2010 & Exit: 01/14/2011).

1. For Denmark: Snippet copied from CIC

"...Danish criminal records are only available to people who are registered with the National Registry of Denmark. If you are not registered with the National Registry of Denmark, you are not required to provide a Danish criminal record..."

How do I know if I am registered with National Registry of Denmark?

2. For Italy: Do I still need a police clearance? If yes, can someone who has done this before, please brief me the process?

Thanks in advance!

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
binjoy said:
Hello,

I am from India and I do understand that I have to get a police clearance from my home country which I have applied for.

At the same time, I have lived/worked in Denmark for more than an year and in Italy for exactly 6 months and 1 day(Entry: 07/13/2010 & Exit: 01/14/2011).

1. For Denmark: Snippet copied from CIC

"...Danish criminal records are only available to people who are registered with the National Registry of Denmark. If you are not registered with the National Registry of Denmark, you are not required to provide a Danish criminal record..."

2. For Italy: Do I still need a police clearance? If yes, can someone who has done this before, please brief me the process?

Thanks in advance!
Try to email Denmark embassy or National Registry.

Yes, you do need a police clearance from Italy. Just follow the instructions on CIC website.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
binjoy said:

If you live in Denmark for more than 3 months, you are required to register. Do you have a Danish ID number ("CPR Number")?

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
If you live in Denmark for more than 3 months, you are required to register. Do you have a Danish ID number ("CPR Number")?
That's right jes_ON. I did have a CPR number. So, do you mean to say that if I had a CPR number then I'm registered with the National Registry of DK?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
binjoy said:
That's right jes_ON. I did have a CPR number. So, do you mean to say that if I had a CPR number then I'm registered with the National Registry of DK?
Yep.

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
binjoy said:
Yes if you have a CPR number you are listed in the population register. The Danish police certificate is easy to get send them an email on kbhv-acoe-kr@politi.dk with a copy of your international passport and a signed letter stating that you need a police certificate (the letter must include your CPR number, address and signature) . they will post the police certificate back to your contact address.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LizzyBob said:
Yes if you have a CPR number you are listed in the population register. The Danish police certificate is easy to get send them an email on kbhv-acoe-kr@politi.dk with a copy of your international passport and a signed letter stating that you need a police certificate (the letter must include your CPR number, address and signature) . they will post the police certificate back to your contact address.
Thank you so much!