+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate after the new bill 6

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Hi all, does anyone know if the police certificate still required after passing the new law by the parliament

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Joe Joe said:
Hi all, does anyone know if the police certificate still required after passing the new law by the parliament
Out of interest why would you think this requirement would change. Granted it might be inconvenient for possibly the minority of people who have spent a lot of time out of the country in the previous 4 years before application but is just part of the overall good character assessment to become a citizen .

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
No, after c6 you can pretty much send an email from the Caribbean to CIC saying "hey I want Canadian citizenship and please send it to my PO Box listed at the end of this email, and I want it by next Friday "

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmyid said:
No, after c6 you can pretty much send an email from the Caribbean to CIC saying "hey I want Canadian citizenship and please send it to my PO Box listed at the end of this email, and I want it by next Friday "
;D :D ;D :D ;D That just made me spill my coffee laughing and made my day!!!!

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
itsmyid said:
Give Trudeau a few more years and this will likely be the process...