+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for Spouce relative in Canada!

talcan

Jun 10, 2016
I request senior members of the group to advice me on the following query:

One of the aunt of my wife is a canadian citizen. Family tree is as followed:

MY wife's aunt and my wife's mother share same mother - that actually means that they are step sisters. Can we mention the same in our express entry application? Will it be of any use in getting CRS points - while we submit the express entry application?

Kindly suggest. Thanks for your help.

Venkat1901

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
talcan said:

MY wife's aunt and my wife's mother share same mother - that actually means that they are step sisters. Can we mention the same in our express entry application? Will it be of any use in getting CRS points - while we submit the express entry application?

Relatives in Canada
You, or, if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative, either a

parent,
grandparent,
child,
grandchild,
child of a parent (sibling),
child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is
living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
talcan said:

You do not get any CRS points for Canadian relatives, but you get 5 points for adaptability under FSW 67 points assessment. Check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Stanlee said:
You do not get any CRS points for Canadian relatives, but you get 5 points for adaptability under FSW 67 points assessment. Check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
Agreed. No CRS points for family in Canada.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As stated above, no CRS points.

But just a point of clarification: if your wife's aunt and mother have the same mother, but different fathers, they are half-sisters, not step-sisters. Step-sisters means that they are related by marriage only, not blood.

talcan

Jun 10, 2016
istari said:
As stated above, no CRS points.

But just a point of clarification: if your wife's aunt and mother have the same mother, but different fathers, they are half-sisters, not step-sisters. Step-sisters means that they are related by marriage only, not blood.
Thanks everyone for your inputs!
Do we still be able to get any advantage by declaring the above relation in our express entry application?
Btw, my wife already wrote IELTS and we will be claiming points for it.
Kindly suggest - what should we do? Thanks for your help.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talcan said:
Thanks everyone for your inputs!
Do we still be able to get any advantage by declaring the above relation in our express entry application?
Btw, my wife already wrote IELTS and we will be claiming points for it.
Kindly suggest - what should we do? Thanks for your help.
The answer, really, is still no.

It will contribute to your eligibility for the program, but it won't increase your CRS.

talcan

Jun 10, 2016
dan_and said:
It depends on whether or not you want to apply under the FSW scheme. If not, then the above relationship does not provide an advantage.

If yes, calculate your FSW score with and without the relationship noted. If you have 67 points or more without declaring the relationship, leave it out.
Yes, it is not adding any more points. Moreover, we are scoring FSW points (67+) without declaring the relationship. As I mentioned earlier, my wife already wrote IELTS and we are able to claim points for it.

On this note, I think it is better NOT to declare - as it is not giving any extra advantage.

Thanks again for your timely response.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talcan said:
Yes, it is not adding any more points. Moreover, we are scoring FSW points (67+) without declaring the relationship. As I mentioned earlier, my wife already wrote IELTS and we are able to claim points for it.

On this note, I think it is better NOT to declare - as it is not giving any extra advantage.

Thanks again for your timely response.
Correct.